 General / 34318
Re: Question: Does the market realy want junorization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:

Also. Will Lego's sales REALLY be hurt if they take juniorization away? I
dunno. How much will sales drop? I dunno. How much would they pick up? No
clue. It's really too bad that there isn't good market data available. Plus
there's so many other factors that it's tough to judge... What's best for
Lego? Nobody knows. We just know what we want.

This is what I keep telling myself-- they *must* know what they are doing.  They
*must* be reacting to some sort of data, because it would seem to me that, on
the surface, juniorization would seem to be an expensive move unilaterally (why
create 1000s of new elements and incur their costs if TLC didn't believe that
they were warranted?)

My worst fear is that TLC has lost perspective as to what is really important--
creating the best toy ever, or creating the best brand recognition ever.

When all is said and done, I'm betting that some marketing consultant geniuses
(all of whom probably never actually played with LEGO) are behind all of this...

-John