 General / 34366
Re: Question: Does the market realy want junorization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:32:22 GMT

"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Well, I admit to having 4 Lego watches and I think they are great and am
almost always wearing one. I love mixing and matching the coloured links,
faces, and so on. I have a couple of minifig keyrings too.

Now, I freely admit that I cannot connect the watch pieces with regular
Lego, and so some among you would say "it's not really Lego". But unlike • my
Lego sets/MOCs, I can take a Lego watch and keyring with me wherever I go,
especially to work. I spend far more hours in a week with my Lego watch • and
my Lego keyring than I do playing with the bricks. And those Lego watches
and keyrings are great conversation starters. Many people, both adults and
children, notice them and ask about them, which initiates many a
conversation about Lego and being an AFOL and LUGnet and S@H so forth.

[ .. snipped ... ]

This isn't completely true - the GMLTC has a clock tower that uses LEGO
watches.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders