 General / 34311
Re: Question: Does the market realy want junorization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:31:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:

(snipped)

Frankly, I don't see a
need for Legolands, watches, sportswear, cd-roms, or pens either.  But
whatever...I remain unconvinced that these product lines do anything for
them long-term.

Richard, I disagree with you on this. The Legoland parks are something
worthwhile, which I knew virtually nothing only five years ago. I happened
to visit Windsor's in '97, and let me tell you: it was worth every penny!
As for watches, clothes and such, they are a stable ground for business: TLC
is focused on children, so it is not too odd seeing them offering other
sorts of products to this public. IANAE, but I believe it is called
"Horizontal development" - different stuff, same public. It may have not too
much to do with the "brand" concept.

Quality matters to me, not the ubiquity of branded product lines. For the
record -- I have never been to legoland, I don't have any lego watches, nor
sportwear, nor pens.  I admit to having a few cd-roms, but I also admit to
thinking they are garbage.

As for the parks, I believe you may change your oppinion after seeing one.
The miniland dioramas are purely fantastic!

Pedro