 General / 34306
Re: Question: Does the market realy want junorization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:48:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Wessel Burgers writes:
In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Does the market realy want junorization?

Even if I do not like the answer, I think it is:
"Yes, market demands junorized sets"

Leg Godt!

Ben

Today is 'Sint Nicolaas'-day in Holland (and in some parts of Germany?).

The 6th of December is "Nikolaus-Tag", but that means just a few sweets for
the kids (put in a boot which has to be places at a window or door), but not
tons of toys. The main day for gifts is the evening of 24th.

Traditionally Sint Nic gives the Dutch kids a lot of toys on this day, which
are deposited through the chimney in a big brown bag by 'Zwarte Piet'
(comparable to the elfs that assist Santaclaus).

On the news I heard that the number 1 toy for this year's Sint Nicolaas was
Lego. This does not proof that the market demands juniorization, but
apparently the market doesn't mind either...

No idea, how the Potter-Mania is in our neigbour country: but here in German
news I have heared Harry Potter Lego sells like no other toy. But Potter is
notnot a classic set and not a juniorized set.... So this proves in fact
nothing.

Concerning juniorization: we do not know enough about the production costs of
juniorized sets (less bricks, but lots of special monofunctional (= expensive)
ones) to judge about success or not. Lego does not allow us to have a look in
their cards. Since we know nothing, I hate this kind of speculation, which
tries to tell Lego, what their problem is. Lego has heared the voice of the
AFOLs and now we have sculptures, bulk and My Own Train. That counts. Who does
care about "Jack Stoned"? This is a discussion that has been done two years
ago. All arguments have been exchanged. That's it...

Regards,

Ben