 Dear LEGO / 3323
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:48:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:
.

Times have changed.  LEGO has competition from places we never dreamed about 20
years ago-- the internet, video games, cable television, etc.  Now the
philosophy of TLC has been one of marketing at particular age groups
("System")-- so infants start off with Primo, then toddlers on to Duplo, and

What are you talking about? This argument just doesn't hold water. Video
games and cable tv were around and popular 20 years ago (especially video
games). Not to mention the fact that lego's greatest releases were early/mid
80s - early 90s.

Maybe you meant 30 years ago or aren't living in America.

TLG just isn't doing the promotion they used to, except for junk like Bionicle.

so
on.  But they recognized that there was a gap between Duplo and town.  Town was
a little complicated for 6 year olds, and so they decided to bridge that gap
with sets which could be more easily manipulated with smaller hands.  Try not to
think of Jack Stone, etc, as LEGO "juniorized"[1], but rather as Duplo
"seniorized":-)

Sure, but let's keep regular town, too..