 CAD / MLCad / *2028 (-100)
  Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it  [DAT]

Hello, when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, the other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem? MLCAD does not ghost the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New England Church - MOC for Lego Factory week 4

Hello everyone, This is both my first micro-scale MOC and my first Lego Factory entry. Here is my little description: This is an old New England Church. Several trees and a gazeebo make this a picturesque place to have a wedding. Several parishoners (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX) !

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) <SNIP> (...) Thanks Jaco. I had been following the same line of research. Where LDraw has a 3-digit number and LDD now gives us a 4- or 5-digit version, I think we can treat that as "official" and rename in LDraw. Where there is a different 4- (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Renumbering parts! (was LEGOfactory and LDraw)

After some more research and thinking I found these parts too. They were (ofcourse) in the Excel file of Ildefonso! I should have thought of that before. 50950 Brick 1x3 with Bow (not yet in LDraw) 53480 Plate 8 x 8 with Road Straight (I made this (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

Hi all, Here is an update for the LEGO Facotry MLCad Favorites list. I have discoverd that some parts were double in the list. Some parts have a different LDraw number than the one LEGO uses. They are: 44237 = Brick 2 x 6 (=2456) 30367 = Cylinder 2 (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help?-Odd problem

(...) Hi, This is my first visit to this newsgroup, so first of all - hello everyone, I'm dmac (Maciej Szymanski) from Poland and I'm really just a humble user of MLCad, not an expert on CAD matters. Secondly, please excuse me for going back to a (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) Better would be to say: not at all, without significant amount of work :-/ The parts in part library used in LDD have differently placed rotation points, center points and default position (when compared to LDraw parts). One would need to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) Not yet. -Orion (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) Can you convert LDD to LDraw or vice versa? (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

FYI: I have just uploaded the first versions of the baseplates. Here they are: (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) OK, obviously I couldn't figure out how to get that info out of Idelfonso's list! THANKS (to both of you) for posting this! If there are any other non-LDD/LDraw users out there who want DXF conversions of these files I could share these as (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

(...) Hi Jaco, This is great! Now you just need to know which colors you are allowed to use. With the help of Clark Stephens I updated that spreadsheet to include the LDRAW color numbers and names: (URL) I'm currently working in something more (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LEGOfactory and LDraw

Hi all, Thanks to Ildefonso I have made a Favorites group for MLCad of the parts allowed to use in the LEGOfactory competion. I used his file posted in message (URL) So credit for sorting out the pieces go to him! Copy the bit between the ------- (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad.ini 2004-04 Update Now Available

Hi, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2004-04. The .ini file defines the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: www.holly-wood.it/mlcad-en.html The update (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Hi Jaco, nice render! One thing I would suggest to make it look better is a fudge - Where the pins don't line up properly, it is best to line them up with the part that is being viewed. In your case the angles beams instead of the inside one. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Isn't it great! ;-) (...) I noticed this. I think my display is 16 bit color, but I am not sure. I just used Save snapshot from the menu. Why do you ask? Jaco P.S. I finished the model with tracks. See: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Hi, I now understand that the geometry not a perfect fit is, so we cannot expect LDraw to fit the part correct. It did occur to me to adjust the connector so that it does fit, but thought the picture looked good enough. Jaco (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) question, but I do have a side comment and some questions. My side comment is that I always like it when people post nice snapshots from LDView. It helps give me a sense of accomplishment. Second, my questions. Did you take that snapshot while (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Basic geometry - the arrangements are only approximately matching. 1. The triangle has perpendicular sides 5 plates (2 studs) and 14 plates, giving a hypotenuse length of 14.87 plates, or slightly less than 6 studs, so as you've found, the 1x8 (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Hi Jaco, I run into this often when I'm using rotation to get things into place. With MLCad you have a grid (course, medium, fine). All things that are placed are snapped to the grid. For nice rectangular designs, this grid works well. When (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Not a good fit?

Hi all, Take a look at this! (URL) you can see I have been modelling Technic set 856 and came across this: (URL) this: (URL) bricks and connectors are exactly fit to the blue pins and ought to fit exactly on the green one, but it is not a perfect (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) The thing is, that STEP and ROTSTEP are implicitly ghosted for a given sub-model used in a model. When you are generating images for the sub-model itself, STEP and ROTSTEP have meaning and affect the generated images. When you add the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) <snip> (...) Pardon LPub's use of CALLOUT in meta-commands. Perhaps I chose too generic a term, but...... The term is there and I thing it would be a very *bad* thing to have callout mean one thing in LPub and a totally different thing in (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) I'm a bit lost here. Are you talking about using ldglite to render image files, or render interactively? I ask because -mf and -mF ignore all STEP commands, but only for the non-interactive image file generating usage. There is a -D command (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) Didn't try those, though I doubt they'd make it ignore CLEAR. (...) Sounds good to me. (...) I'm not sure I follow why ghosting these would be a bad idea. Since ghosting is only supposed to hide something if it's not the main model, ghosting (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) Did you use 1.1.5 and the -mf or -mF options? I know these options make ldglite ignore STEP. The step dats that LPub makes do have STEP and ROTSTEP, but eliminate buffer exchage and clear and such, before passing the step dat to ldglite. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Ghost bug in 3.11

I discovered when rendering with ldglite that it doesn't ignore commands like 0 CLEAR and 0 STEP in submodels even when MLCad does. (Odd, considering it does recognize submodels.) Hopefully the next version of LPub will eliminate that problem by (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) No, I didn't know that. It didn't sound like something that I'd really find useful, but I've been trying it, and it does make it a lot more convenient to select pieces on-screen instead of either having to hunt them down in the part list or (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

Hello Purple Dave, "Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> schreef in bericht news:I5yux2.14JC@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) alphabetical (...) disables (...) still (...) cranked (...) in the (...) I don't know if you already knew, but it is (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) No, I don't mean coming up with a new description for it. I just want it to stack with the rest of the 2x2 plates in the part tree instead of ending up at the very bottom of the list after the 10x10 plates. There's no logical reason why it (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) 'Wing' means 'plate with angled edges' 'Wedge' means '(slope) brick with angled edges' Does that work for you? Steve (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) bricks (...) I thought the current naming idea was to classify parts by shape, not function? I use wedge plates frequently, but not as wings. Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Ayup. All the wedge-plates should be classified as Wings, with all the bricks staying in Wedges. (...) If you have a better name for that part, I'd like to hear it -- I haven't come across a convincing one yet (of course, I haven't been (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) There's also the matter of the 2x3 and 2x4 wedge/wing plates. The 2x3 pair is classified as wedge plates and the 2x4 pair is classified as wings. It's a little less problematic, since both groups of parts are in the Other/W branch of the tree, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Yes, I downloaded the ZIP file last night after he posted a link to it. I haven't installed it yet, but I thought the ability to search by total number of studs (in addition to everything else) to be a most amusing and interesting feature. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Yeah, some of those Boat parts need to be relocated. Especially now that the Wedge group has been broadened to include the boat base bricks (originally, wedges were only the 3x4 wedges, like part 6069). (...) That's not a totally bad idea. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) You might want to try Anders Isaakson's LDList, a small program for searching your LDraw parts. It's really a simple interface, allowing you to search for keywords or specific phrases. And LDList not only matches on part numbers and names, it (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) I forgot to mention that you can search on the number of studs too. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) I assume it uses the same format as the tree grouping rules, which again are undocumented in the help files, but are helpfully detailed in: (URL) dont appear (as you have noticed) to accept spaces. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) I still keep looking for the 6x7 Boat bow plate in the Plates section, then the Other/W(edges/ings) section, and then finally remember that it's classified as a Boat part (I've done this at least twice since actually finding it in the parts (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Well I've found it helpful on may occasions, just not usually when I'm doing a cold search for a part. Besides, I was just pointing out that "since this method only allows you to search by part number" was incorrect. Note also that the part (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Not as far as I know, but you can always run my LDList in parallell (URL) program will let you search on any partial match both for name, description and keywords. It also implements a drag'n'drop interface, but I don't think MLCad has ever (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) You know, it'd be really nice if that was documented in the included Help file, since I can't find that function anywhere in the pull-down menus. Also, it's the part tree window, not the part preview window. Right-clicking that just switches (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) I must have used that popup menu hundreds of times and never seen that option!! Thank you :) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Erm, first site I found, and that was the first decent clear photo of the side :) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Looks interesting, be sure to post to .trains when you have done. Why did you pick on a Brazilian loco? Thats a really good site. tim (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Part search

(...) Its not really what you are looking for but I find this useful printed out as a reference (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) right click in the part preview window and select "Find...". this will open the search dialog. you can either search in part numbers or part names. also a match case function is available. once mlcad has found a part matching your criteria (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) By "partial description" I was thinking more on the lines of just bringing up any and all "2x2" parts. Anyways, I'm not sure being able to sort by full description is all that helpful. You've got "_Animal" vs "Animal", "_TECHNIC" vs "TECHNIC", (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) You can click on the "Part Description" header to sort by description, at which time you can also start typing and it will take you to the next part in the list matching what you've typed. ROSCO (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Can I make this a feature request then? This program is SOOOO addictive :) I'm just trying to model a Garratt locomotive from: (URL) its 4:30 AM! Thanks again. (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Whoops, the same feature is available for adding new parts by clicking Edit/Add/Part. I often have the Mode set to Pan instead of Edit (which disables the Add Part function, but not the Modify Part function), since you can still click/drag new (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) There isn't, but there's a way to work around it. If you drag any random part into the display panes, you can right-click on it and select Modify. This will bring up a list of parts in alphabetical order (not numerical order, so 410 will come (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Collaborating FLL builds using mpd's

(...) First, all your model, including all sub-models, as well as unofficial parts *must* be in the MPD file. Some MPD generators put the full paht name of the file in the MPD. This is unfortunate, because when you try to unpack it stuff can end up (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Part search

Hi all. Is there a part search box anywhere in MLCad? It would be useful to search on part of the description as well as the number without creating a custom part tree group. Thanks (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Collaborating FLL builds using mpd's

I'm mentoring several First Lego League teams. I built a sample lifting device using MLCAD to illustrate the principle of a parallelogram. I had it in sections and uploaded the mpd. I soon realized that I needed to upload the sub-models and have the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion: New column for hidden

Hi, I'll add that to the wish-list. best regards, Michael "Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I4uBBD.Ktn@lugnet.com... (...) it is (...) that (...) eye when (...) them a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

Hi, I add that to the wish-list - As an option to turn off. Michael "Andrew Westrate" <loewe_29@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I4M37z.1Hox@lugnet.com... (...) which (...) changing (...) directory, (...) then (...) made my (...) that (...) (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion: New column for hidden

(...) I think that sounds like a great idea, the hidden ones will be a lot easier to spot when scrolling if grey (and finding the RIGHT piece to unhide). -NB (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Suggestion: New column for hidden

Hi Michael, It is occasionally useful to be able to see the description of a part when it is hidden. I would like to suggest a new column, maybe to the left of "type", that has an icon depicting whether or not the line is hidden. Maybe a little eye (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

(...) I also like this behaviour, I use it a lot (along with 0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN/END) when working on large Ldraw files. ROSCO (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

"Andrew Westrate" <loewe_29@yahoo.com> wrote in news:I4M37z.1Hox@lugnet.com: (...) Personally I really like this behaviour. Please don't simply change this back to the old style. An option would be fine, but sometimes it's invaluable to be able to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

Michael, I recently noticed a couple of things in the newest version of MLCad, which behave differently from the previous versions. I hope you'll consider changing these back to the way they behaved previously. I was working with a file that had a (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  MLCad.ini 2004-03 Update Now Available

Hi, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2004-03. The .ini file defines the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: www.holly-wood.it/mlcad-en.html The update (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Where have maxi gone?

(...) Thanks Don. I sure you're right. I thought they already were in the LDraw library. By the way, does anyone know how long maxifigs have been around? I'm beginning to feel that at the rate we're going, we would never catch up with all the new (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Where have maxi gone?

(...) I think some of the parts may not be official yet. Look here and at the prev and next links. (URL) that what you're looking for? Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

Sure! Do you have the bricks? ;-) Jaco "Mangudai" <templar_knight_ii@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:I2vnKx.19zn@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) :-( (...) up for (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

OK. A rather new part. I do not have one. (...) sure (...) a (...) a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Where have maxi gone?

I believe there used to be a class for maxifigs in the Other>M folder. Now that I want to find them, I can't. Where are they, have they ever been or is maxi a 4-letter word unlike mini? (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) I am an adjunct instructor for Portland State University. I contract with a pre-college PSU affiliate called Saturday Academy www.saturdayacademy.pdx.edu> I teach programming and robotics courses to kids from 4th to 12th grade (that's 10 - 18 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) That's exactly what I was trying to accomplish ... a way to reference the primitives folder in MLCAD. I suspect that it is as simple as changing the MLCAD ini to include the P folder and perhaps another sub-parts folder. I tried stickng the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

(...) I found these: (URL) nice! I think they match the scale of the station. Who is StarFreak359, the author of these models? Please contact me. Jaco (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Ahh, this looks like the perfect time to again point out how nice it could be if mlcad supported plugins. Hint, hint... Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) A good reason could be that the resulting references to primitives would be to the wrong libary, but there must be another way to display the content of folders like /p, /p/48, and /s in MLCad's availible parts tree/parts preview, so you can (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Perhaps it might be useful (maybe in a new thread) for folks to enumerate what they think some of those features are? Might give some of the authors ideas... (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Excellent references! Thanks for pointing me to Paul Easter's site. Thinking that I may have previously missed it, I went back to search for Prim-Gen at the LDraw site. I haven't found a reference to it. Too bad, it seems to do a lot of things (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Just wanted to say I agree with what Don wrote, and add my own 2 cents. I use Paul Easter's zerobase.dat and point.dat files a lot when beginning a new part. I like to start by measuring the part, and using notepad or LDAO to record the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) While it doesn't specifically use MLCad, Paul Easter's utilities pages has some nice screen shots of the part development process. And I'm sure you could use some of the ideas in MLCad. (URL) one shows a bunch of windows in polling mode with (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Hi, I'll echo Orion's question: where do you teach? What level/subject(s) do you teach? I'm interested how and why you've chosen to insert LDraw parts authoring into your curriculum.. Was it difficult to convince your superiors? I teach CAD at (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) That's really cool. You might have mentioned this eariler and I missed it but where do you teach? This particluar presentation has gone through several revisions (I just uploaded the Brickfest DC version a couple of days ago) but I'm always (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) I've read Virtual Lego, LDraw.org tutorials and even used your BrickFestPDX Powerpoint Presentation in class. I've found them very helpful for creating parts line-upon-line. However, I am inherently a very lazy programmer. That's why I want to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Ok, you're good until here. The best way, in my opinion, to learn parts authoring is to look at other similar parts. (...) Don't do this, it's bad since the work is unnecessary and the primitve library is updated almost every time a new (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Missing Parts in Minifig Generator

(...) 524.dat was in the 2004-02 parts update, so if you install that, you should be fine. Andy (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) Both! Here's what I've done so far. 1. Studied several parts dat files by stepping through the code using LDAO. I particularly concentrated on parts that had features similar to the ones I'd like to make. (My wife wants to model all the large (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Missing Parts in Minifig Generator

(...) The MLCad.ini is maintained by Willy Tschager. Visit his site for the current file: (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Missing Parts in Minifig Generator

Minifig Generator has a Helmet Darth Vader which produces and error because it can't find the part 524.dat How do I remove the description or find the part? I believe there are several Hat / Hairpieces missing as well. (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD

(...) I don't understand your question. Are you asking how to include primitive in your parts or are you asking in general how to author parts in MLCad? -Orion (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Part Authoring with MLCAD

How do I setup MLCAD to create new parts using the primitives and pre-scaled primitives? (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

(...) A greater challenge is to build a minifig scale Deep Space 9!!! LOL! You up for that? (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:I2pnux.1y2v@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) > its buildt of just 5 bricks :) (...) The dish is 2.4cm in diameter. There is no partnumber on it and I'm not sure what set it came in. With a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> schreef in bericht news:I2otFD.srF@lugnet.com... (...) Good luck :-) I have plans and some ideas for a minifig scale Runabout and did some designing in MLCad. But never finished. Maybe I will pick this up once (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

"Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> schreef in bericht news:I2oo6H.20nJ@lugnet.com... (...) ... but never the less: a great model! Jaco (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

How sweet! I am not sure what dish that is? Jaco "Øyvind Steinnes" <phoenix@online.no> schreef in bericht news:I2npLv.Lzv@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

Great models! I rendered a picture with them docked at the station. Though I think they are too big a scale :-( See Brickshelf: (URL) Allemann" <jason@parlugment.org> schreef in bericht news:I2nnKF.3D9@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) far as (...) (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

How about this challenge, build a NCC-1701-D MOC scaled to these: (URL) a proper minifig scale Enterprise (any of them) would be the ultimate :) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

(...) Hey, challenge yourself! Build a DS9 in scale to this Startrek ship ;-) (URL) (No, it is not mine) SCNR, Christian (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

"Jason Allemann" <jason@parlugment.org> wrote in message news:I2nnKF.3D9@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) :-( (...) I'm not following the discusions on lugnet.space, and normaly dont build any space related stuff in LEGO, but has always been (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

(...) Actually I've been following your DS9 project with great interest (amazing rendition by the way). When I finished my (URL) Enterprise> one of the projects I was considering was a DS9 to scale with it. I even got as far as prototyping one of (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

Hi all builders, cadders, datters, mlcadders and spacers, I challenge anyone to make Startrek spaceships to the scale of my Deep Space 9 station! Who's in for it? Jaco P.S. Currently I have some ideas for an Enterprise D, a Runabout and the Defiant. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Some new MOCs

Hi all! Since I am writting in a hurry, I wanted to announce my latest project this way: (URL) Visit my announcement at 1000steine.de> Hope you enjoy! Leg Godt! (URL) my oldgrey Homepage: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact