 CAD / MLCad / 2001
Re: Part search
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:47:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Maico Arts wrote:
I don't know if you already knew, but it is quite easy to change the zoom or
the place of a moedel inside one of the four windows: keep <SHIFT> pressed
down to move the model or keep the <CTRL>+<SHIFT> pressed down while
dragging the mouse cursor in the desired window. In this way you also do not
need the scroll bars.

No, I didn't know that.  It didn't sound like something that I'd really find
useful, but I've been trying it, and it does make it a lot more convenient to
select pieces on-screen instead of either having to hunt them down in the part
list or constantly switch back and forth from pan mode (which runs the risk of
trying to pan in edit mode and yanking parts out of position).  I did hit the
Caps Lock instead of Shift a few times but thankfully the only part I yanked out
of position was the base of a car.

As long as we were on the subject of shortcut keys, I was going to ask how to
adjust the Y position using just the keyboard, but I finally figured it out.  I
know I'd tried the Page Up/Down keys before, but I thought I'd tried Home/End as
well.  I also randomly stumbled upon the shortcuts to rotate parts, but the way
they match up with the positioning keys seems as mixed up as the View Angles.