 CAD / MLCad / 2002
2001  |  2003
Subject:
Ghost bug in 3.11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:51:38 GMT

I discovered when rendering with ldglite that it doesn't ignore commands like 0
CLEAR and 0 STEP in submodels even when MLCad does. (Odd, considering it does
recognize submodels.) Hopefully the next version of LPub will eliminate that
problem by creating special .dat files for each step, but just to be safe for
now I figured I'd ghost out the step and clear commands, and the buffer
exchanges too. ldglite renders just fine with those ghosted.

Well it turns out, you can ghost meta instructions just fine in MLCad, but it
never saves them as ghosted. The only way to ghost them properly is to manually
edit the .mpd file in a text editor. MLCad recognizes on load that they're
supposed to be ghosted, but once you make any changes they go back to normal. So
MLCad is saving ghosted meta commands as unghosted.

I'd just as soon not worry about it and have ldglite ignore those commands, but
no way am I delving into the source just for that.

While I'm at it, any chance for some new meta-commands? I think these would be
lovely:

0 MLCAD CALLOUT [number] [part or submodel]
0 MLCAD CALLOUT BUILD [number] [submodel]

The number would be shown as 2x, 3x, etc. in the corner of the callout diagram
(ignoring 0 or 1). The BUILD option would show the entire submodel as a callout,
step by step. In either case the part or submodel would also include position
and rotation info, though position would be relative to the default placement in
the box.

Lummox JR