 CAD / MLCad / 1983
Re: Part search
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Dean Earley wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Dean Earley wrote:
Is there a part search box anywhere in MLCad?
It would be useful to search on part of the description as well as the number
without creating a custom part tree group.

There isn't, but there's a way to work around it.  If you drag any random part
into the display panes, you can right-click on it and select Modify.  This will
bring up a list of parts in alphabetical order (not numerical order, so 410 will
come after 4010, not before).  It'd still be nice to get a part search
capability, though, since this method only allows you to search by part number,
not partial description.

Can I make this a feature request then?

This program is SOOOO addictive :)
I'm just trying to model a Garratt locomotive from:
http://users.powernet.co.uk/hamilton/bgpix/Mog1.jpg

And its 4:30 AM!

Thanks again.

Looks interesting, be sure to post to .trains when you have done. Why did you
pick on a Brazilian loco? Thats a really good site.

tim