 CAD / MLCad / 1986
Re: Part search
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:51:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Willy Tschager wrote:
right click in the part preview window and select "Find...". this will open
the search dialog. you can either search in part numbers or part names. also
a match case function is available. once mlcad has found a part matching
your criteria just right click again in the part preview window and
select "Find again" to find the next part.

You know, it'd be really nice if that was documented in the included Help file,
since I can't find that function anywhere in the pull-down menus.  Also, it's
the part tree window, not the part preview window.  Right-clicking that just
switches between large view and small view.  I think I found that by accident,
too, and I don't remember ever right-clicking on the part tree window.

Anyways, this still isn't quite what I would have hoped for.  I tried searching
for "2 x 2" and it came up as an Invalid Search String.  I then tried "2x2" and
it doesn't return any results at all.  If I'm looking for a 2x2 item, I really
don't want to wade through everything that'll match a search for just "2".