 CAD / MLCad / 2023
Re: Help?-Odd problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:12:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ken Nagel wrote:
I downloaded James Mathis's wwym .mpd file. All of the sub models work fine. On
the assembled and instruction files the model comes out the size of a pin head
(no exageration). • (...)
Thanks in advance-Ken

Hi,

This is my first visit to this newsgroup, so first of all - hello everyone, I'm
dmac (Maciej Szymanski) from Poland and I'm really just a humble user of MLCad,
not an expert on CAD matters.
Secondly, please excuse me for going back to a topic over a year old, but I've
just encountered a similar problem and since I know precisely WHEN it happened,
it may help you - the MLCad experts, unlike me - to solve the possible bug.
And finally - I searched this newsgroup looking for a definite answer to Ken's
question, but haven't found it. However, if you've already solved this problem,
then.... sorry again :)

And here's my story:

I'm working on Imperial Lambda-class Shuttle Tydirium model
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=102349) and just a couple of
days ago I needed an unofficial, not yet certified part named x214.dat (Dish 3 x
3 inverted). Downloaded it and that's when it happened: in the part window, x214
is represented as not even pinhead, but a pinpoint, among other normal-sized
parts. The submodel I used it in became a pinpoint, too. The same happened to
the main model. I remember the same thing happening long time ago, when I
downloaded several unofficial parts.

Do you have any idea what's going on? Is it possible, that certain parts cause
the program to work incorrectly?

I'd be grateful for your opinions.
dmac