 CAD / MLCad / 1945
Re: Part Authoring with MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:32:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
How do I setup MLCAD to create new parts using the primitives and pre-scaled
primitives?

I don't understand your question.  Are you asking how to include primitive in
your parts or are you asking in general how to author parts in MLCad?

-Orion

Both!

Here's what I've done so far.

1. Studied several parts dat files by stepping through the code using LDAO.  I
particularly concentrated on parts that had features similar to the ones I'd
like to make.  (My wife wants to model all the large knights from Knights
Kingdom.)
2. I cut and paste code from these parts to make pseudo-primitives and stored
them in my own folder.
3. Copied all the primitives from the P folder to the PARTS folder.
4. Edited P.LST and inserted the word PRIMITIVE infromt of every description.
5. Cut & Paste P.LST into PARTS,LST  (I am told this is not proper, Hence the
question)
6. Used PRIMITIVES out of the Others>P folder and layed then out in MLCAD.
7. Checked the preliminary results and tried to figured out how to make
adjustments

That's how far I've gotten.

Postcripts : I could bring the pseudo-primitives into Excel and make all the
scaling adjustments.  I need to enter the edge lines manually,.. or do I?

Of course, if there's anything written up on the use of MLCAD for parts
authoring, then please point me to it.

From this teacher's point of view, a WYSIWYG user interface will work better for
kids who might want to try parts authoring.  So I'm trying to figure out how to
do just that.

Thanks in advance for all your help.