 CAD / MLCad / 1975
Re: Collaborating FLL builds using mpd's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:18:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
I'm mentoring several First Lego League teams.  I built a sample lifting device
using MLCAD to illustrate the principle of a parallelogram.  I had it in
sections and uploaded the mpd.

I soon realized that I needed to upload the sub-models and have the kids store
them under a certain folder heirarchy.  I'm am not sure that the kids got it
together.  Perhaps the install instructions need clarification or the kids need
more training in using MLCAD.  Bottom line is that we're not getting the benefit
of any collaboration.

Is there a better way to package an mpd for sharing and collaboration?  Is there
a good strategy for tracking revisions?

First, all your model, including all sub-models, as well as unofficial parts
*must* be in the MPD file.

Some MPD generators put the full paht name of the file in the MPD.  This is
unfortunate, because when you try to unpack it stuff can end up in the wrong
place.  Also make sure that your top level model is first in the MPD.

I don't have any good suggestions for revision control.

Kevin

Thanks.
Edwin