 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 870 (-100)
  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Maybe, mabye not. I'd tend to lean towards not. Because we're going to make sure the user does NOT go away with the idea the software is official. And we will plug the CD-ROM indirectly on our literature. It will all be made clear in plain (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

Hey Tim, Will L3P v1.2 be on the CDROM? I can't seem to get a copy from anywhere. If anybody knows where a copy can be found, please let me know. Lars seems to be MIA. -Chuck (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

Hey tim, would it be possible to include samples of .dats and POV rendered files on the cd? If so, I have nearly finished my .dat of 8448 - V8 Supercar MkII. All I need is the wheels, so it should be finished when they are. Will you accept samples (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: So when is the next LDraw parts update going to be?

(...) parts (...) dedicated (...) Thanks for the notice! I just downloaded it! (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: So when is the next LDraw parts update going to be?

(...) Did you miss (URL) ? And who is this anonymous _they_. Aren't you one of them? Sounds like you are referring to a large faceless corporation rather than small number of dedicated enthusiasts of whom Steve Bliss does a lot of great work (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) I think it is more like this: when you are just showing it off, it ias just a fan made creation but if you start selling it, then some people (parents especially) might start to assume that it is endorsed by lego or approved by lego or (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  So when is the next LDraw parts update going to be?

I was wondering when they were going to do the next update for the LDraw parts library. It seams like they have been voting for over a month or two now. (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Probably because it is their place (and their show?) and they don't want to let a group come in and sell a product that could be seen as competing with their own products? LDraw and other packages are great, and the fact that LEGO has chosen (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

Did TLG say why? (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

Greetings I just talked with Heidi Bailey again today, and she informed me that TLC will not be allowing us to sell the CD-ROM at Legoland this summer for the Kidvention. We are allowed to distribute literature about LDraw and of course, hold our (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) Incidentally a UK magazine PC-PLUS had a Setup Factory program on it's ocverdisk this Month... Not sure if it was a full version... (...) At lesat you honst about shiping dates!!! unlinke some other software companies I coud mention... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I agree completely. It is farfetched. I was trying to use the statements already available, as opposed to operating in a total void. Unfortunately, there is no LCAD organization to oversee the handling of the submitted parts. The terms stated (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) We need a volunteer to set up an account first. I don't have a credit record (at all) because I'm 18 and haven't dealt with loans or credit cards yet. After that, we can set up the loose committee, etc. Donations don't have to be in for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) So where are we on setting up an account to receive incoming donations? ++Lar (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) We don't need the price for 1050 (If I understand correctly), just 1000, and we can send 50 of those 1000 to them. (...) Ok. (...) Good plan. When we get closer to pressing I'll look at quotes and find out which number of copies is the most (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I still think this is far fetched. The fact that the LDraw library and updates can be downloaded from ldraw.org is merely "coincidental" in my opinion. They used to be downloadable from Terry Keller's geocities homepage, and some time in the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) typo typo... yes, I meant to say I can't be on the committee. I guess if I were committed, I'd have lots of time... if I could only convince my therapist to allow LEGO as therapy. (...) take that to off-topic.debate, it's debatable. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) Put me down for a minumum of 100 USD (and like Larry, I'm good for more if it is necessary to get the project off the ground). (...) I know some people say you should be committed Larry, but that's not what we're talking about... Tim just (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) be (...) at. I (...) Ya, right after I pressed fire I realised it was a bit cryptic. Lets try again. What is "at cost"? (we all agree that it makes sense to press 1000 of them because that's where the cost per starts to get cheap) One *could* (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) Thanks! (...) I'm not completely undersrtanding... I know that 50 at cost is what they asked me for in an email - could you clarify 1000/1050? I *think* I understand what you're getting to but I'm not 100% sure. Its 5am. -Tim (URL) timcourtne (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) :( You're going to miss some serious festing....hope you can make it . (...) Sure there is. To lighten my load travelling, either you could send them with John Neal, or ship them to Terry K or Mike P. When you get ready to loan them out we can (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

(...) Put me down for a minimum of 200 USD in funding for this. If we come up short, I'm in for up to 500. I would prefer that others cover it though if at all possible. I don't have time to be on the committed, though. The reimbursement procedure (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) most (...) such (...) imagination. (...) don't (...) Thanks for the clarification! I think you're spot on. (...) That sounds pretty swell. (...) generated (...) I do have physical models for all of that except the blue version of the hopper. (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Mee too....well in February. :) (...) Ok, email me closer to the date when your plans are more set, and I'll see if we still need some. You're definitely welcome to chill with us at the booth! :) (...) Great job! But thats a *really* hard job (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds

Greetings Just to update everyone on the CD project: Currently I have to do some work with the HTML guide, and pass off some work for HTML reformatting of a couple resources to others while I'm away for a few days. A few programs need to be (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org) !

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I agree as well. Again, this is the problem you get when a couple spaceheads run a display ;) It'd be nice to have some train models, because the train layout is going to be right across the tent from us. (...) 99% of the time. We're going to (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Agreed. There is more to LEGO than space. Indeed, I would argue that the most creative models are those that represent things already built in real life such as buildings and current day vehicles, rather than things from the imagination. But (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I'm now "officially" an AFOL. I had my 18th birthday recently. I might be able to make it to the convention, I already have lodging, I just need the time and the funds. As it is, I can only go for three days. If that is the case, then I would (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Good point. That's the problem you get when a couple spaceheads run the display ;) I'll make it a point to incorporate other types. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Those are all great models.. but I strongly hope that the final list covers a wider variety of model types, not just space/flying machines! Kevin (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) So far, My E-43 Transport ((URL) K's X-Wing and Apache Helicopter Eric Kingsley's B-Wing (in all its first MOTM glory) :) We'll be asking for/selecting a few more once we discuss the operation further. If you have a really neat one and want to (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Great!! Could you also see if anyone is willing to put up a young AFOL for a few days too? :) I could stand to save a little $$ on hotel. And, if anyone has access to a professional collapsible backdrop display, that could help us out too. (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Out of interest: Which models are you displaying? Fredrik (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

Tim, I just noticed this. We'll talk it over at today's LUGOLA meeting. Your timing was perfect. 10.5 hrs until the meeting begins.... -Dave (who should be sleeping, but isn't) (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I will most likely be bringing my laptop to legoland then.. Loan?? lol (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

Greetings! I've just secured arrangements with Lego Direct to exhibit LDraw at the Kidvention in Legoland California this summer, from July 12-15. This display will consist of: High quality posters of renderings done using LDraw [1], information on (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.general) !!

  www.ldraw.org working correctly?

I have just upgraded the web server on www.ldraw.org, so please write me a _short_ note at <sparre-sms@sslug.dk>, if you find some problems with the site/server. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org going down for a kernel upgrade tomorrow

(...) Done. - I hope nobody noticed it. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- ---...--- (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org going down for a kernel upgrade tomorrow

I have some problems using all the swap space I have in my machine, so I have just compiled a new kernel. I will reboot the machine tomorrow morning at approximately 8am Danish time. If I didn't make any misteaks - this is the first time I compile a (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I agree that it can be useful to have larger, less frequent updates, and I wasn't trying to suggest that we stop publishing the files in that way. What I was trying to say is this: as things are right now, all part-changes are released at the (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I'm going to do that. (...) Terry Keller is working on cleaning up the original LDraw distribution. He is adding LCad-style headers to all of the parts and primitives. They will look similar to this: 0 Brick 2 x 4 0 Name: 3001.dat 0 Author: (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I really think that someone should contact the family about this. One thing we could do to make sure James is recognized for his efforts is to add the correct Author: tags to all the files. We could also include credits in a readme file (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

Hey, great idea! Having just entered LDLite into the www.sourceforge.net archive, I think CVS would be a good way to distribute and update parts files. It sure would be easier to make sure everything was up to date, and would make a nice clean way (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) There is however spomthing to be siad for having monolithic updates in that ensure consitency of part updates. Additonaly not all of us have acess to the Net on a regular basis. I understand what you are getting at but after I have spent 5 (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Good catch--I was making assumptions. I really wish the discussion you fired off a few months ago had gone through to completion. BUT, take a look at (URL). It plainly states that the terms around the original LDraw package: (...) The original (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) How do you know that? I've never seen any formal terms of use statement for the community created part files. With this lacking, wouldn't it be natural for parts authors to assume that submitted parts follow the same terms of use as the (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Good point. I will check into this. In the meantime, don't anyone plan anything permanent around this function. If this is a problem, it would only apply to the parts in the original LDraw file library, not to additional work done by LCadders. (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

It is probably a good idea to serve parts directly from ldraw.org like this. However, I would like to know if this is consistent with the terms of use for the LDraw parts library. Specifically, I seem to remember from previous discussions that James (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

There has been some talk about serving LDraw parts directly from ldraw.org, mostly to allow rendering programs to fetch part-files over the internet. To get a start on such a service, the parts library has been made available via http (it's not (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw CD-ROM - Another Update

Here's just an update since my last post here. We'll be adding these items to the CD: MLCAD Blockcad Povray (for various OS's, plus libraries) James' Models Ben Whytcross's Database Project (sample) (now all of you can stop emailing me and telling (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Hi, (...) It seems MLCad is missing in the list ... (...) Ciao, Joachim (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

(...) You can take any of my mocs modeled by LeoCAD from LeoCAD gallery page. They are in LeoCAD format but I can export them in Ldraw format if you want. Selçuk (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

(...) Now, that's strange. Anyway, it doesn't matter too much where you put it as long as it works and you don't have multiple copies of it. The latter would mess things up if you upgrade LDraw-mode. (...) This statement says that you want to colour (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Fredrik: First of all, thanks for the help! (...) Earlier, I went through some of the "tutorial" that comes with emacs. I think I have the gist of how it works... (...) Heh, problem is I'm used to the Windows shortcuts for everything. (...) Hmm, (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

(...) Sure! The instructions on the web page are written for people who have some experience with Emacs already. This is not done to scare off people who are new to Emacs, but because I'm lazy and because I wasn't expecting people who are not into (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

(...) experience with emacs whatsoever, I don't even know where to begin (how to I byte-compile ldraw-mode, for example?). Could you give me some advice? TIA, --Bram Bram Lambrecht.........Br...L@JUNO.com (URL) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet <3914f579.14098842@l...et.com>... (...) Careful there! Including POVRay on the CD forces you to follow their price policy: "the total cost to the user is no more than $0.08 U.S. dollars per megabyte of data", or you (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet <3914f579.14098842@l...et.com>... (...) You can get many examples of simple models by exporting the BlockCAD models as .dat files. -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Of course you're welcome to put BlockCAD on the LDRAW CD! No strings attached. BlockCAD is already available on CD from many sources (CD-magazines, educational etc.), but the LDRAW CD is a most welcome (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

(...) When you say L2P, I suppose you've also included LGEO? I think L2P would be somewhat useless without the LGEO library... Other than that, you may include LDraw-mode, but I suppose there is only very narrow interest in that program, so it's not (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update

Here are some more things to look at: the hoser spreadsheet l3pao ldrawscript max2dat rotate.xls the datsville project (the .mpd file would be a good place to start) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update