Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 18:35:55 GMT

Hey, great idea!

Having just entered LDLite into the www.sourceforge.net archive,
I think CVS would be a good way to distribute and update
parts files.  It sure would be easier to make sure everything was
up to date, and would make a nice clean way to "cache" the files.

In terms of the license issue, I think we need to do either:
1) get permission from the family to release the library under GPL, or
2) Redo the parts in question, or
3) devote time and effort to something better.

If I'm not mistaken and remember correctly, bulk conversions of
the library are OK, so I could convert all the .dat files to
.ldl files (either by just renaming or adding some minor support
for LDLite-enhanced syntax) and then do what I please with them?
(this is obviously a bit of a troll...)

-gyug

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
There has been some talk about serving LDraw parts directly from ldraw.org, • mostly
to allow rendering programs to fetch part-files over the internet.