Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:50:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes:

It can be argued whether submitted part-files fall under the umbrella of
'content created specifically for ldraw.org' or not.  I'd say that they do,
at least until we have better (ie, more specific) legal terms.

I still think this is far fetched.

I agree completely.  It is farfetched.  I was trying to use the statements
already available, as opposed to operating in a total void.

Unfortunately, there is no LCAD organization to oversee the handling of the
submitted parts.  The terms stated at ldraw.org are as close as we come to
having a license.

Steve