Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 20:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Bram Lambrecht writes:

I really think that someone should contact the family about this.

I'm going to do that.

One
thing we could do to make sure James is recognized for his efforts is to
add the correct Author: tags to all the files.  We could also include
credits in a readme file distributed with the parts.

Terry Keller is working on cleaning up the original LDraw distribution.  He is
adding LCad-style headers to all of the parts and primitives.  They will look
similar to this:

0 Brick  2 x  4
0 Name: 3001.dat
0 Author: James Jessiman
0 Original LDraw Part - LDraw beta 0.27 Archive

Other things Terry's doing:

- taking the *.doc files, and redoing them as .txt and .htm instead.
- adding copyright notices and descriptions for the programs and files in the
distribution.
- adding a LICENSE.TXT file.

It seems kind of
silly (IMO) that some of the parts are with the original program while
the rest are with the "complete" archive.

Yes and no.  From an IP perspective, it makes sense.  From a user perspective,
it doesn't make any sense.

Steve