Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 20:58:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Alex Farlie writes:

There is however spomthing to be siad for having monolithic updates in that
ensure consitency of part updates. Additonaly not all of us have acess to
the Net on a regular basis.

I agree that it can be useful to have larger, less frequent updates, and I
wasn't trying to suggest that we stop publishing the files in that way.

What I was trying to say is this: as things are right now, all part-changes
are released at the same time, and if something is wrong, it can't be
corrected until the next update.  I want us to change over to a process that
allows us to make changes to files whenever those changes need to be made,
even if those changes aren't published for some time.

Steve