Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:39:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:

If this is a problem, it would only apply to the parts in the original LDraw file
library, not to additional work done by LCadders.  So users would need to have the
parts library installed locally, but could use an online 'parts server' to grab
updates as soon as they become available (and we could move away from big,
monolithic updates).

There is however spomthing to be siad for having monolithic updates in that
ensure consitency of part updates. Additonaly not all of us have acess to
the Net on a regular basis.

I understand what you are getting at  but after I have spent 5 hours !
trying to figure out which DLLS a Windows programmed installed and didn't
tell me about I am inclined to be sceptical of non-monolithic and less
consitent updates.

Alex

Steve