Subject:
LDraw DAT format standard questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:14:39 GMT

Hey all...

Just a couple questions on the .dat file format:

Is there an official document somewhere which outlines the specifics
of the .dat format for people as a reference?  If there isn't, it
probably would be a good idea to have one.

Also, I was talking to Paul Gyugyi a couple weeks ago at his house and
he mentioned that .dat would be a WHOLE lot better if the format could
support smooth round surfaces, instead of having to rely on planes to
simulate rounded surfaces.  Could something be appended to the format
for 2nd gen editors to pick up on and utilize this type of feature?
It would improve the quality of LDraw-based renderings tremendously.
Thoughts?
-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org