Re: LDraw CD-ROM Update/Funding and dealing with group funds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 09:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:

We need to get funding for the pressing of the CDs.  I'm planning on
offering them for $10 US, and putting the extra money in an account
for ldraw.org-related expenses (such as the Kidvention, .datFest,
etc.)  I would like to ask for donations, I believe the cost will be
between $1500-2000, depending on how many we get

Put me down for a minimum of 200 USD in funding for this. If we come up short,
I'm in for up to 500. I would prefer that others cover it though if at all
possible.

I don't have time to be on the committed, though.

The reimbursement procedure seems fine to me.

As for the Jessiman family... 50 at cost? Seems to me you should price the
incremental between 1000 and 1050 and charge them that, which is likely to be
a LOT less than 1000/50 of the actual cost, if you see what I am driving at. I
would almost suggest just giving them 50 for free but they may balk at that.

++Lar