Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:22:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
It would be nice, but it shouldn't be absolutely required for each.
It would be cool because then we could show people how the model was
actually put together in the software.  Which models are you referring
to of yours?  Your SW and cars one?  We can feature that if you like -
do you have physical models of that (which won't be running on the
layout, or could be taken off temporarily??)

I do have physical models for all of that except the blue version of the
hopper. It's starting to look like i won't be able to make it, but am not 100%
sure yet. I may be in Switzerland during that time on an assignment.

:(  You're going to miss some serious festing....hope you can make it
.

However I can almost certainly make arrangements to loan the models out.
Perhaps I can even build 2 copies of most of the cars and the loco so one
could be a static display and the other operating on the GMLTC layout. Time.
Is there enough time?

Sure there is.  To lighten my load travelling, either you could send
them with John Neal, or ship them to Terry K or Mike P.  When you get
ready to loan them out we can find out the best way to get them to us.

If we can figure out how to do this, I'm down for it. I need my copyright
preserved though, so wouldn't want to see the source on the CD. It's a big
image and renders slowly, even in MLCad, though.

That's fine.  I wasn't planning on including the models from the demo
on the CD, but its a good idea.  I could instead put up a page on
ldraw.org '/kidvention/?' with information on what the display was all
about, pictures, small renders of our featured models, and source
files.  But that's ok if you don't want to include it.

Gotta go to the airport in an hour....senior class trip! :)

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne