Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 13:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Kevin Wilson writes:
Tim Courtney wrote:
My E-43 Transport
(http://www.zacktron.com/alliance/mil/space/e-43.html)
Terry K's X-Wing and Apache Helicopter
Eric Kingsley's B-Wing (in all its first MOTM glory) :)

Those are all great models.. but I strongly hope that the final list
covers a wider variety of model types, not just space/flying machines!

Agreed. There is more to LEGO than space. Indeed, I would argue that the most
creative models are those that represent things already built in real life such
as buildings and current day vehicles, rather than things from the imagination.
But I'm not trying to start an argument, so I shan't actually make that
statement.

However, there are some implications that weren't clear from the original
message...

The criteria (which didn't seem clear at the time) are that: (?)

-The model has to exist physically.
-The model has to have an LDraw representation

This rules out neat models that haven't been ldrawn, and neat images that don't
have physical manifestations, right?

Further, you'd want the actual LDraw source files as well, not just generated
images from them?  That probably rules me out.

++Lar (back from Berlin, very tired, but gotta get my TLC fix)