 CAD / Development / 3403
Re: Off topic question Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:38:07 GMT

Nephilim <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message

Just curious - I've glued plates together to get exactly
that element before, and was curious how the LDRAW community
feels about sticking to elements available to real-life modelers.

I've done the same in the past.  As I see it, the thoughts of the community
can be broken down in the following ways:

(1)  The purists hate the idea of any non-LEGO anything used with LEGO.
They feels so strongly about this that some (Todd in particular) have
physical reaction.  I actually think their OCD's are showing in this regard.

(2)  The modelers who could care less if it is LEGO or Jack's Backyard Hack.
The question for them is can I use it to make a really cool model.  (Yep, I
fall into this group).

Of course, I know there many who fall somewhere in between, but the
positions of contention are these.  Besides, this is isn't a new question.
We've discussed it before and come to nought.  And as far as I can see the
two groups will continue to lock horns when ever the question comes up.

Regards
Roy