 CAD / Development / *1075 (-100)
  Re: fixed part: baseplate 32 x 32 raised with ramp

(...) you mean that it already has the rounded edges? where can i see that? the one i have does not appear to have them. i cant see them. (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: JW's parts

straight roadplate also like many of your other road plates, it's missing a fair amount of studs. missing studs? where? (...) i do not know why this is. this is not my problem. (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) No -- those stay in some pre-chosen language, for example English. (...) Right -- (unless you do silent URL redirection, but then you would lose the advantage that the automatic language negotiation provides). (...) It certainly is nice in (...) (26 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Looking at the other thread in lugnet.cad, it seems that there may end up being two model repositories (if not more...there already are several). --Todd (26 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  mirrored parts

(...) Ooh. That's an interesting one. One kind of "cheating" that won't confuse the system is using a color of a part that doesn't really exist -- a request for that part just simply wouldn't ever be fulfilled, similar to the way a request for a (...) (26 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  garbage output

(...) Indeed, this is the real problem, isn't it. <FLAME ON> Jonathan, you are a hack. You publish garbage parts, then you rely on the goodwill and talent of others to find your mistakes. Then you whine about it, rather than thanking people and (...) (26 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) But the URL's aren't translated then are they? Just the pages are, right? I think that's one of the things Tim thought would be nice- meaningful URLs in every language. BTW: has anyone taken a look at Altavista's "Translate" utility? IMO, it (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) any (...) mouse (...) list (and (...) sit (...) lists (or (...) WOW! I guess that means I have to stop "cheating" in my DAT files (ie, mirroring a wing or other left/right piece instead of using the correct piece) (...) core (...) amount of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Please remember that you can define more than one type-face in HTML. For example: <FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> or in CSS: BODY { font: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif } That way the font should show up correctly for just about (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Good. I have absolutely no problem with using an existing database residing on lugnet.com instead of creating one from scratch. Its a good way to avoid redundancy, avoid redundancy. :) (...) exactly (...) Great! Could we make the upload (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Multilanguage support for ldraw.org (Was: Re: Ldraw.org...)

(...) Heh :) Thanks for the offer, Secluk. It sounds nice, but as you said it won't be very helpful. I would like to keep the languages offered to a minimum, but am open to a good 5 or 6. This is so the navigation doesn't get cluttered. I think I'll (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

Ryan, Did you set your margins wide to post to cad.dat and then forget to set them back to 78 characters or so? I noticed you made a bunch of cad.dat posts lately, and I know I've forgotten in the past. -John Van SCOTT R DENNETT wrote in message (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) They do. When an HTTP client (e.g., Netscape Navigator) requests index.html, the HTTP server (e.g., Apache) sends back the data contained in index.xx.html, where xx is a language which matches a language in the list specified by the client. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

I'll see if I can find a way to change it. I don't read all the groups so I don't see all the things like that that could be helpful. Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Jacob meant a general format (URL) nnnn is an article number. (...) That is in fact exactly what something like (URL) Note that there are two scripts in the /news/ directory -- display.cgi -- displays full article text ldraw.cgi -- serves raw (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) I agree. This area is really going to go hogwild (in a good way) and be muchly integrated with other DB & commerce aspects of lugnet.com. The URL(s) will even be getting simpler/nicer -- becoming (URL) and sub-categories. One sub-category in (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

(...) That's probably because your newsreader isn't set to wrap out-going messages or it's line-wrapping is non-standard. The web interface may be able to understand the protocol, but not all other newsreaders do. When the message is replied to, it (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldlite color problem

(...) Two words (or so): 256-color display mode. You can check this by saving bitmaps from LDLite, then view the bitmaps in another program -- they'll probably look much better. Steve (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldlite color problem

i just installed the current version of ldlite on another computer at home and for some reason the colors red and grey don't display very well (stud tops are kind of obscured or don't even show--like the colors are too bright). my older version of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: JW's parts

OK here is my judgement. (...) Very good. The lines look good even in .5x 3d view, but on the front side the green lines do not extend to the edge like on the back side. Also like many of your other road plates, it's missing a fair amount of studs. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Knowing that I'm the only Turkish AFOL here in both Lugnet and RTL (and I still know only one AFOL from my country), it won't be so much helpful, but I could prepare Turkish translations if anybody wants...:-) Selçuk (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: baseplate 32 x 32 raised with ramp

(...) If you mean 6024 Baseplate 32x32 Canyon Plate, it has already been done. Ryan (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) I should think that 300mb would be enough. I only expect the programs to take up 50mb at the most. As you know, sites themselves take up very little space. (...) That URL didn't load for me. I don't mind storing the files there, but I would (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) definatly do not use verdana. use the deafult. i use netscape on a win95 system and do not have verdana installed. others may be the same. (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

I forgot to include a link: [...] (...) Play well, Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) [...] (...) I have checked with our network administrator, and he said OK to point the "ldraw.org" domain to "hugin.risoe.dk". I am not sure I can allow the site to eat more than 300 Mb, but I hope that's enough. (...) Yes (but I still like (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

i am fixing all of the problems that people are telling me about. (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

I'm sorry but it did not show up like that in email for me. I checked the message on the web and it was in your post that showed up with the line being long, not mine. Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (26 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Looking at the latest version, right off the bat I notice that the color bleeds past the edges of the curve lines. And the color does not extend to the edge of the piece on either end of the curve. And that is just a quick look, with no (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) Good idea. Whoever it is (I think it was Larry) who volunteered to collect the funds for the domain should post with instructions on how he wants the collection to take place. I believe when you register a domain you need to have a primary and (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lugnet.cad.dat heirarchy

I agree, and I think cad.dat serves very well for MOC's. -John Van jonathan wilson wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

(...) Could you set your line length to less than 80? The whole sentence above that starts with "I have to" is one huge long line. (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

I have to agree here. Some of your messages are kind of(sometimes very) confusing. And when you reply to a message you delete what was in the message rather than leaving the part of the original message you were replying to. If you were to do that, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

(...) Johnathan, what the heck? Just a suggestion: You might try to proof-read your messages before you post. Punctuation and caps might help as well. (1) Cheers, - jsproat 1. i dont want to cramp your almost unique style but it is hard to read and (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

i think that one of the first things wee need to do is register ldraw.org. someone else may snap it up for something else... (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  hose generating spreadsheet

what ever happened to the hose generating spreadsheet? where can i get a copy? (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

since i posted the announcement i have added not disk and cylinder support (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve-8 studs

any chance you can help me identify the missing studs? i will investigate the curve problem... (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  www.lugnet.com template -- your feedback wanted

[Crossposted to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.robotics, and lugnet.general; followups set to lugnet.admin.general] Here's a small survey/questionnaire: (URL) is to gather a bit of feedback on the upcoming new www.lugnet.com layout / (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Well said. Yes, Jonathan is spoiling a lot of the fun here. --Todd (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Before packaging up Steve's code or algorithm into something else (even if he did give permission to do so), wouldn't you want to make sure that you fully and completely understand basic trigonometric principles, so that you may be able to (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve-8 studs

(...) The curve certainly looks great now (to me, at least)! However, the surface paint of the curve still looks to be floating somehow below the surface (take a close look at the way both LDLITE and LDRAW render the edges of the baseplate), and (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel...

(...) I think that we should make the setup(ie catagories, etc.) the same as what they are on the JJM so that people don't have to go searching for links or anything else. I feel that Ldraw.org should basically be an expanded JJM with a different (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel

(...) after I get a couple of MOCs Ldrawed. I would be very willing(and plan) to donate these. Also if anyone would like I could TRY keeping a list of which sets each person is going to donate. I don't know if this is wanted but I thought I could at (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel...

(...) I have done a fair amount of TLG models and plan to work on some more after I get a couple of MOCs Ldrawed. I would be very willing(and plan) to donate these. Also if anyone would like I could TRY keeping a list of which sets each person is (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixed part: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve-8 studs

I have no authority over anyone like Terry and Steve do, but I must say that the curve is much better on this piece although there are quite a few studs missing. You might want to fix that or else it will never make it past anyone's approval :) Ryan (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  new program to aid part making: ldraw circle creator

i have just made a new program, ldraw circle creator. it can make rings,edges and discs. support for not disks and other things is comming later. it uses the algorithims that steve posted to cad.dev recently. it is written in delphi (i translated (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

i hope my post to lugnet.cad.dat will satisfy you. it is now possibly up to voting starndard. i am sorry for being rude. but i am now learning how the whole ldraw official parts thing operates and what is expected. (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ftp://silo.riv.csu.edu.au/pub/ldraw no longer exists

I'm copying this to lugnet.cad.dev, to be sure everyone sees it. (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How much is too much?

I've come to an impasse with converting DAT to VSA (Videoscape) and I'm considering trying another format, but in the mean time for those who need to use a mock up of the Classic Space Helmet in your models I've put three DATs up on Trellan (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) "Get cracking" ? Am I the ONLY one who sees a good deal of what Jonathan posts as overly demanding, if not downright rude? Did I miss something or did this whole community stop being a bunch of talented volunteers working to help each other (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) "Kind of" is a gross understatement. If the parts Steve sent me were done using the torus generator, then he did a *LOT* of very careful post-processing. Steve would _NEVER_ send me a part that looked like the baseplate you posted in cad.dat. (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

thanks for the vb routines. do i have your permission to package them into a utillity for the ldraw parts making community at large? i amy be writing it in delphi (converting your algorithim to delphi in the process). it will be called ldcg (ldraw (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

you are all right. this part is crap. we really need to get a decent way of making large discs,rings,not disks etc come on all you math wizzes. get cracking. (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) First of all, it's been 12 years since I last did any higher level math, my junior year in high school when I did trig. So I don't think there's any shame in not knowing (or remembering) anything about it. Then again, I don't think that (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

JW, you really, really, *really* need to slow down... this isn't about quantity, it's all about *quality*... more and more i'm getting the impression that your goal is to have every element in the catalog ASAP, no matter what the level of (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel...

Okay... I have gotten the webring site situation stable enough I feel I am able to move on to start this project. Right off the bat, I'm going to need a few volunteers (no less than 2, probably no more than 5) I need someone to work with me on the (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Unless you're 14 years old, that's very sad. (...) You would ask the community to lower its standards of quality rather than raising your own? --Todd (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) In the absence of example, surely you still have common sense to go on? Approximating a very large circle using increments of pi/12 radians either isn't appealing to common sense or shows a lack of common sense. --Todd (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New metacommand for views?

I am contemplating making a new metacommand to allow the definition of useful named viewpoints and using them to provide a pop down list of points from which to view the model. Basically these would not be used at all in the rendering process of (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Utility Spreadsheet

I posted my little spreadsheet of utilities to (URL) (It's in Excel'97 format) Sheets are included to interpolate a point on a 2D line segment, find the intersection of two 2D line segments, figure out which ring primitives to use for a torus, and (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) I didn't use the torus generator program on the new parts. I wrote a couple of Visual Basic routines that I used on the new pieces, which generate circular rings and edges. I've included the routines below, but I haven't done anything to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) to (...) Without getting into the metric versus imperial debate again... but using my assumption that the are 64 LDUs to the inch, 0.1325 inches is close enough to 8.5 LDU. Chris (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How much is too much?

Chris Dee wrote in message ... (...) IMHO (...) in, (...) with (...) Thanks, Chris, for your comments and for taking the time to download and examine the file. What I've decided to do is produce several different resolutions of this file to give (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

i know that the torus generator generated part looks kind of shit but i know nothing about circular maths (trig?). steve tells me that the helipad and road curve 7 studs have both been made with the generator... have you seen those yet tery? do they (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How much is too much?

(...) <... snip ...> (...) Wow, what detail. An impressive computer graphic, in its own right, but IMHO too much for LDraw. I tend to agree with Jeff Boen about using the basic 16-sided polygon, but do appreciate how facetted this can make things (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) I have to agree with Todd here. Jonathan, if the part you intend to submit for voting is the same part as posted to lugnet.cad.dat, don't bother. Just a cursory look at it makes it obvious that the part needs major repair. As Todd pointed out, (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) I'm thinkin' maybe the torus generator was designed with smaller parts in mind, where the coarse angular granularity is far less noticeable than on a baseplate. What other mathematical methods of generating coordinates on a circle do you know (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How much is too much?

SCOTT R DENNETT wrote in message Very nice. I like some of your models. It is also nice having pictures for different angles. I didn't read through the text, but it looks like you put quite a bit of time into making the pages. Good job :) Ryan (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) yes... that is becahse of the number of quads in the output of steves torus generator. (...) rather than (...) i will look at that. regarding the baseplate problem. ldraw does not yet have the 8-stud versions. i will submit it for voting as (...) (26 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: Quad intersections

By all means. I can't really claim that it's original since most of the material I used to derive the results came from my Calculus Text, which, if anybody cares was: Calculus with Analytical Geometry, 3rd edition by Howard E. Campbell and Paul F. (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Say, before you submit it for voting, I have a couple more questions: Did you also notice that the curved lines look a bit choppy and that the green and white decorations seem to float below the main surface rather than above or coincident (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Tracker news

(...) implement that one. In that case, only parts by the author you select will be displayed. Otherwise, all parts will be displayed on one page. This week will be pretty busy with a few papers and midterms, but I've already thrown together the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part: baseplate 33 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Thanks Todd! I can finally post large DAT files without worrying that chunks will be left out (eg, my truck). --Bram (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: M-Peedy v1.0 released

Just a note for the installation instructions.I always need to make a new tool with the same name as the block in the ini file(in this case, M-Peedy), before I click update tools, and after I put the block in the dat file.The settings automatically (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Quad intersections

Dave, Thank you very much! This will help me on some parts-work I was avoiding, just because I didn't want to figure out these intersections. I'm planning on uploading a spreadsheet with some basic interpolation and intersection templates. Do you (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts DESPERATLY wanted (steve: please read)

(...) Umm, I must have misunderstood here. Based on Manfred's response, I thought you meant that the new green roadplates had the same printing as the previous gray plates. I checked, and this is impossible, because the new green plates have 8 studs (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

thanks for the photo... the only thing i noticed was that the white line is briken in that one but not in the one i was working from (set #6321). the piece appears to be finished and i will submit it for voting in vote99-03. (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: Quad intersections

Hi Steve, I've been lurking for a while and thought your post was interesting enough to figure it out. I brushed off my Calculus text book, and after a page and a half of algebra, and remembering what determinants and cross products are all about I (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Well, hey, that's not so bad -- the resulting news article was 34986 bytes. (...) Tell you what. Here's a photo of the element: (URL) photo is a bit grainy, but it is dark outside and the only easily available illumination I had was a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part: baseplate 33 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Yes, I think Netscape imposes something like a 32K or 128K limit on the <TEXTAREA> tag. It's also set to a max of 65000 characters in the HTML code, so even if Netscape didn't impose a limit, the web page would. Strictly speaking, News-by-Mail (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How much is too much?

(...) Very nice. I like some of your models. It is also nice having pictures for different angles. I didn't read through the text, but it looks like you put quite a bit of time into making the pages. Good job :) Ryan "Build or build not. There is no (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) Ok, I've got my calipers here, and I'm reading .1325 inches in diameter. I plug that figure into my trusty HP28S and get a conversion to 3.3655mm, and half of that is 1.68275mm radius. I'll leave the conversion to LDUs to you :) --Karim (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) Ok, I've got my calipers here, and I'm reading .1325 inches. I plug that figure into my trusty HP28S and get a conversion to 3.3655mm. I'll leave the conversion to LDUs to you :) --Karim (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part: baseplate 33 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

i do not think it was a limit on lugnet.cad.dat. i think it may have been a limit on netscape's text control. since i use netscape for browsing the group, i cant post it. i cant get the NNTP and i do not want the Mailing list so i can't post it. if (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Complete list of metacommands?

LDS is LDraw Script, a pre-processor for .dat files that has commands like EXTRUDE and iterative loops. I'm afraid I don't have a URL, but it should not be too hard to find. The syntax of the INCLUDE directive will be defined when I release it, but (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part: baseplate 33 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

(...) Hmm, did your newsreader give you an error when you tried to post it? How big is it? 2358P01.DAT is 23518 bytes; yours must be about ~30000 bytes? That's perfectly fine to post. You could even post something as big as 3470.DAT (177792 bytes) (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  M-Peedy v1.0 released

sorry for the delay.. but i just started a new job and *all* of my time has been devoted to settling in there... M-Peedy version 1.0 is finally ready for the public... it merges any .DAT files (and all subfiles listed therein) into a single .MPD (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How big is your VEC dir?

(...) Never noticed any slowdown. I throw my LDraw folder around so much that I always convert my VEC dir to gif to save time on the transfer. (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  part: baseplate 33 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs

i have made this part but it is too big to post to lugnet.cad.dat so if anyone wants it let me know. i am especially looking for someone who has this part to check it for me. (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How big is your VEC dir?

:-)) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How big is your VEC dir?

(...) Oops. Sorry Anders! --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) Cool! After reading that lengthy webpage that details the Falcon, I'm going to try to rework the design to more accurately model the ship. (...) Wow. I'm so pleased hear that i've had such an impact, if indirectly :) I don't have children (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How big is your VEC dir?

(...) Onyx's part search program? You mean Anders LDList? :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) Yep, there are many such "errors". We have only just agreed to a way to reconcile these problems, for the future and for existing parts. Generally, existing parts with 7xxxx numbers will changed. The 7xxxx number will refer to a hard-coded (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) on (...) They've turned out great! My biggest problem is finding the right parts in the right colors. When is the next Auczilla starting? For the MF, I even scavenged wing parts from my Galaxy Explorer, which has never before come apart. I've (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Request: 30200

(...) Cool! How did they turn out? I've only actually built the A-wing in reality. (...) OK, I figure it would (part of why *I* didn't want to tackle it myself :) ) It looks to me like the hardest part will be the clip that the canopy hinge snaps (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Tracker news

Two things that would be really nice: 1. Be able to sort the listing by any of the columns. 2. Be able to filter the view. The key filter, for me, would be by Author. When I go in to update my entries, I'm usually updating several items, and I'd (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Tracker news

I have made a mock-up of what the revised version of the LDraw Parts Tracker might look like. Please visit: (URL) love to hear people's thoughts on the design and layout! Question: I have placed "actions" buttons in the right hand column: a "get (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

i have made an observation. ldraw already violates the rule of no #16 7xxxx parts. look at e.g. the gold coins or the exhaust pipes... what is going to be done about that? (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact