 CAD / Development / 1033
Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 20:48:38 GMT

On 4/6/99, at 8:46 PM, Tim Courtney wrote:

Okay...

I have gotten the webring site situation stable enough I feel I am able to
move on to start this project.  Right off the bat, I'm going to need a few
volunteers (no less than 2, probably no more than 5)   I need someone to
work with me on the layout and look and feel of the site [1] [2] and others
to reorganize the JJ Memorial into sections and write the content which
explains ldraw, and offers the downloads and models.

Any and all ideas are appreciated...

At this time preparations should be made for whoever is collecting
donations for the domain name to be able to accept donations... like post
instructions and address..etc.

Please, share your thoughts and suggestions and make this thread into some
further discussion on this subject.  Some topics are:

Centralized L-CAD Official TLG Model Repository?

Partnership or affiliate program with Lego Maniac's Webring site?
(this consists of a banner exchange with ldraw banners on the ring site and
webring banners on the ldraw site.. adequate.com might also be interested
in this.  Also, convenient easy links in navigation between sites might be
appropriate)

Centralizing downloads for plugins, add-ons, and unofficial parts?

I think that we should make the setup(ie catagories, etc.) the same as what they
are on the JJM so that people don't have to go searching for links or anything
else. I feel that Ldraw.org should basically be an expanded JJM with a different
name. Although I never knew James I feel that we still ought to have at least
one page set up as a memorial, and also maybe a thank-you/credits page to those
who put so much of there free time into expanding the LDraw resources. I know
that it's not much but Tim did say that "any and all ideas are welcome", but
these are just some things that I feel would be important. Good luck to those of
you as you work on this project, I know it will turn out great :-)

Ryan