 CAD / Development / 983
Re: Part Request: 30200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 02:45:51 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Karim Nassar writes:
John VanZwieten wrote:

Karim, your timing is good.  My son and I just spent 4 hours last night
building several of your microfig Star Wars creations, and so you are high • on
my "thank you" list.  (I only wish I had more 1x1 black tiles.)

Cool!  How did they turn out?  I've only actually built the A-wing in reality.

They've turned out great!  My biggest problem is finding the right parts in
the right colors.  When is the next Auczilla starting?  For the MF, I even
scavenged wing parts from my Galaxy Explorer, which has never before come
apart.  I've made a couple modifications myself (where did I hear that
before?), including a gun turret (control stick) for the top, but I haven't
figured out how to put one on the bottom yet.

Cool!  After reading that lengthy webpage that details the Falcon, I'm going to try
to rework the design to more accurately model the ship.

Other than that we've built the x-wing, a-wing, y-wing, Imperial Shuttle, and
snowspeeder.  My son (8 yrs old) is really having a blast.  As I write he's
bragging to his friends about downloading instructions from the internet to
build these cool ships.

Wow.  I'm so pleased hear that i've had such an impact, if indirectly :)   I don't
have children (yet) but its nice to know that you and your son have enjoyed them so
much.

What I can't figure out about this part is why they made the five holes in the
bottom plate of the part?  They are not standard technic holes, and they are
slightly too large for standard minifig-tool holes.

Shoot, your right.  I assumed they were 4 ldu radius, but an antenna slips
right in and out.  They must be about 4.25 or 4.5 ldu radius.  Anybody want to
check with a calliper?  In any case, I agree it's wierd.

I'm going to my parents house tomorrow, so I'll take the part with me and check it
with my Dad's calipers.

--Karim