 CAD / Development / 979
Re: Part Request: 30200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 19:55:11 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:

Karim, your timing is good.  My son and I just spent 4 hours last night
building several of your microfig Star Wars creations, and so you are high on
my "thank you" list.  (I only wish I had more 1x1 black tiles.)

Cool!  How did they turn out?  I've only actually built the A-wing in reality.

I have the cockpit part, and have started construction.  It's not an
incredibly difficult part, but it has lots of faces and may take a bit.

OK, I figure it would (part of why *I* didn't want to tackle it myself :) ) It
looks to me like the hardest part will be the clip that the canopy hinge snaps
into, but there are also a lot more surfaces to this part than one assumes at
first glance.

Based on my calculations, the angle of the canopy is just under 45 degrees.
If you have a protractor handy and could verify the angle I would appreciate
it.

I concur.  I read the angle to be precisely 43 degrees, measured and verified by
two different methods.

What I can't figure out about this part is why they made the five holes in the
bottom plate of the part?  They are not standard technic holes, and they are
slightly too large for standard minifig-tool holes.

--Karim