 CAD / Development / 1056
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:18:55 GMT

OK here is my judgement.

several inportant corrections. the pattern accually goes right up to the edges
now.
0 Baseplate 32 x 32 Road Straight with Road Pattern-8 Studs
0 Name: x610p01.dat
0 Author: Leonardo Zide
0 modified by: Jonathan Wilson
0 unofficial element

Very good. The lines look good even in .5x 3d view, but on the front side the
green lines do not extend to the edge like on the back side. Also like many of
your other road plates, it's missing a fair amount of studs.

the only known issue is the edge curving. i have no plans to do that untill
someone else does the canyon plate.
0 Baseplate 32 x 32 Raised with Ramp (needs work)
0 Name: 2552.dat
0 Author: Jonathan Wilson
0 Un-Official Element

In Ledit the walls didn't show up in any of these views. I only checked 1x and
.5x views
left view 1x
front view .5x
right view 1x
backview .5x
under view 1x
over view .5x
At least your being consistant, although it would be nice if the walls showed up
in all views & all zoom factors :)

i have made the edge 1 ldu thick.
0 Minifig Tool Magnifying Glass
0 Name: 30152.dat
0 Author: Jonathan Wilson
0 Un-Official Element

This one looks fairly decent.

from the front of the landspeeder.
0 Plate  3 x  3 with Round Corner
0 Name 30357.dat
0 Author: Jonathan Wilson
0 unofficial element

Jonathan, it might be best to look at your parts in Ledit before sending them
out for people to inspect. If you were to do that you would save yourself and
others a lot of trouble. Do me a favor and check out this piece in Ledit from a
few different views and zoom factors and tell me what you see :( I haven't even
bothered to look at the pieces in Ldlite, because the first place people who wre
making models are going to see them is in Ledit.

it accually has broken lines this time. the curves have 24 segments.
0 Baseplate 32 x 32 Road Curve with Road Pattern-9 Studs
0 Name: 609p01.dat
0 Author: Leonardo Zide
0 Modified By: Jonathan Wilson
0 unofficial element

Looks good from 1x 3d view, but in .5x 3d view the white and green extends past
the black lines. Also it is missing a fair amount of studs.

I'll check out the other few later, but I can already guess what they'll look
like.
Ryan