 CAD / Development / 1095
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 11:01:45 GMT

i can understand that some of the parts i am constructing are crap.

several things:
1. i am lousy at coordinate geometry especially in a 3d plane like ldraw.
2. i have no lego and the only person i know who has lego does not have most of
the parts e.g. the raised baseplate or the curved roadplates. (he has a small
lego collection)
therefore the only reference i have on this part is the instruction scans from
kl.net and the information provided by people on cad.dev.
am i to be excluded from making ldraw parts because i do not want to spend MY
money to buy parts to model.
i would not think of trying to model a difficult part without the real thing
e.g. the bow and arrow

to all the people who are reporting problems with the walls not showing up on
the baseplate, i had a look at this part and can not find any problems with it.

here is what i did. i copied the part to my models folder.
i typed ledit xxxx.dat
i viewed at zoom out x 1 from all angles and the walls were there for all of
them (some of them they did not show up at first but showed up after i hit e
(for erase). this is because of a bug in ledit, not my part.
i will get the part from cad.dat and see if that has any problems.

also there are no missing studs in the roadplate parts on my hard disk. i will
check the cad.dat versions of those as well.
do you think i would even think to post a part that had walls missing?