 CAD / Development / 1186
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:20:24 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
I'd say the bar should be set at whatever level that the majority of
the part authors and other longtime users think it should be set.  If
that is an unreasonable level... well, tough.

Mike, you "absolutely" missed the point.  Everything you wrote is
reasonable, except for the last two, but to my knowledge there is not a
consensus on what is reasonable.  If I'm to believe that all parts in the
database must be "absolutely perfect" I might as well throw it all into the
old round file as trash, but I don't believe that and I don't think anyone
with two neurons to rub together would either.  A well thought out standard
would be a great resource to part authors, but this overflow of waste
character space does begin to wear at ones soul.

This situation reminds me of a horse I ride on occasion.  She has only two
speeds, fast and faster, and no matter how many times I try to tell her it
would be to her benefit to slow down she just doesn't seem to get the
message.  I end up having to rein her in most of the time and by the time we
get back to the barn we're both exhausted, but none the less she's the best
choice when you need a good cow pony.  Sometimes you can't fight nature and
have to ride it out.

Roy