 CAD / Development / 1152
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:46:40 GMT

2. i have no lego...

this line concerns me very *very* much.

...and the only person i know who has lego does not have most of
the parts e.g. the raised baseplate or the curved roadplates. (he has a small
lego collection)
therefore the only reference i have on this part is the instruction scans from
kl.net and the information provided by people on cad.dev.
am i to be excluded from making ldraw parts because i do not want to spend MY
money to buy parts to model.
i would not think of trying to model a difficult part without the real thing
e.g. the bow and arrow

as a matter of fact.. yes.... while you *should* be able to enjoy modeling
things using the existing library of LDraw elements, if i had known all along
that you are 100% sans lego i would have been *much* more harsh in my criticism
of your additions, methods, and overall attitude...

you *should* be excluded from trying to model new elements if you don't have
them in hand or (more importantly) can't even lay your hands on *any* lego...
everytime i model a piece it is with a dozen or so other elements around, used
for measurement, comparison and verification... lego connects with lego, that's
a great principle to harness when measuring and modeling new elements...

and as for *complicated* pieces... personally i consider just about everything
technic (i.e. the peg/connector you are currently getting flamed for) to be
*much* more "difficult" than the bow and arrow...

please... if not for the community, then for me as a personal favor.. STOP
CONTRIBUTING...

just go play with what the rest of us are doing... i really think we've given
you a fair chance.. currently i'm just sick and tired of seeing your crap
flooding and thereby inevitably polluting these channels...

sorry for being so blunt... and i'm sure you have good intentions (actually i'm
not, but i'm giving you one last benefit of the doubt) but i've had enough...

bottom line.. you have got to be kidding me... no lego.. you know, i don't have
a license to practice medicine... that's why i don't go around performing pap
smears.