 CAD / Development / 1108
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:28:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, braml@juno.com (Bram Lambrecht) writes:
jonathan wilson wrote:
2.i did some checking and the roadplate parts i posted posted to
cad.dat are most definatly not the versions i have in my parts
folder. something is giong  on with the cad.dat machinery as on
the parts i have in mo parts folder there are definatly no missing
studs.

I've had similar problems myself with cad.dat.  However, I always check
to make sure that the file in cad.dat shows up the same as the one in my
models folder.  I suggest that you do the same, especially before asking
which studs are missing.

I think the problem Bram was having was related to some very odd SMTP e-mail
problem -- that's the only place we saw it, other than JosephG's and BenV's
problems, which were related to a buffer overflow[1].

But if there are still any problems in the .cad.dat machinery, it's very
important (to me) that they get fixed quickly.

Jonathan, may I ask a followup question?

When you say, "The roadplate parts [you] posted to cad.dat are most
definitely not the versions [you] have in [your] parts folder,"
are you going by what people have said w.r.t. missing studs, etc.
or are you comparing the actual data in the files (posted version vs. local
models folder)?

When I pull up your 32x32 Road T-Junction baseplate post...

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat:226

...I count 65 occurrences of stud.dat.  Saving the DAT content to a file, it
weighs in at 16,332 bytes.  This is very suspiciously just a few bytes under
a 16K boundary, which makes me wonder if there is still some kind of buffer
bug in the code which creates the news article on the fly to post.

Curiously, another post you made last week, a couple days after the form-
upload was added for DAT files...

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat:216

...weighs in at 102,258 bytes for the entire article, which near any special
kind of base-2 boundary number.  Can you tell me whether the content that
appears in this post #216 is the entire body of content that you submitted
or whether part of it has been dropped (and if some has been dropped, how
much, in bytes)?

Also, what is Squid Cache?  Your browser is reporting

   Mozilla/4.03 [en] (Win95; I) via Squid Cache version 1.0.17

when you post.

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:1027