 CAD / Development / 1162
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:54:29 GMT

onyx wrote in message ...
sorry roy, but i have to disagree with you here... take a look at the 1x2 • tile
(3068)... simple, elegant, and as far as i'm concerned (especially after i • went
back and personally put in the bottom groove) it is *perfect*..
true, there isn't much to it... and it doesn't have every detail that the • RL
version does... but it *does* have every detail that is expected in an • LDraw
element... now i know that there aren't many parts this simple still left
to be

Onyx, You may disagree, but you restate my own objection perfectly.  Your
example of 3068 is "perfect" "as far as I'm concerned".  It shows your
personal standards and we all have our own version of those standard, but
there is nothing standard about it.  3068 is not absolutly perfect and it
can never be, since we have live within the limitations forced on us by
circumstance.  My objection centers about the uses of terms like "absolute"
and "perfect".  It always appears that the bar is being set at a
unreasonable level and I for one will kick and scream about it.

Roy