 CAD / Development / 1132
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:27:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
swuid cache is the proxy server that they have at my internet connection
(murdoch university). i pulled the roadplate files off cad.dat yesterday
and they are most definatly not the same roadplates i currently have in
my parts folder.

Hmm, well, that's bad.  (Not the proxy server, but the chopped file.)

I'm sorry that the upload feature is giving you these problems.  Would you
mind helping me narrow down the problem?  [This offer is open to anyone who
has had trouble posting a large DAT file to .cad.dat]

Try this -- visit

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/?lugnet.cad.dat

and type in 'foo' for the subject and select a large DAT file to upload,
but instead of posting it to lugnet.cad.dat, change the 'Newsgroups' box
to say 'lugnet.foo.foo' -- this is a group that doesn't exist, but which
will cause the post to be rejected, but I'll be able to look inside the
dead-articles file on the server to see what it received.  This will tell
whether there's a problem in the upload facility per se, or in the interface
between that and the NNTP server.

--Todd