 CAD / Development / 1107
Re: fixed part: JW's parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, wilsonj@xoommail.com (jonathan wilson) writes:
[...]
i am not deliberatly trying to taint the official parts with crap mock-ups.
every part i label as complete is a part that i know of nothing wrong with.
[...]
my parts are not perfect  but they are not unfixable either. i think that
with a bit of work my raised baseplate can be fixed to official starndard.
please stop telling me my parts are crap. i know that. please tell me what
i need to do so that i can fix my parts so that they are no longer crap.

Maybe the viewing portion of your internal feedback cycle (edit -> view ->
re-touch -> re-view -> re-touch -> re-view...) is different from other
people viewing the parts.  That is, what sorts of tools are you using to
view the work as it progresses?  I think most people are using LDLITE to
view the parts, at least initially.  You mentioned earlier in this thread
that you used LEdit to inspect the walls on a baseplate...  Do you use LEdit
(and/or LDraw) exclusively?

It may be that the errors people are seeing are visible in LDLITE but not
invisible in LEdit.  If so, then one thing you can do to improve the
development cycles is to proof your parts using LDLITE as well as LDraw.

--Todd