 CAD / Development / 1072
Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, braml@juno.com (Bram Lambrecht) writes:
IMO: Keep ldraw.org focused -- toward producing and distributing the
core software and documentation (FAQ & tutorials).  In fact, from a
legal perspective, this may even be the only truly safe choice, since
any amount of bundling code + data brings LDraw that much closer to
posing a threat to TLG, especially now that Creator is out and about.

I agree.  LUGNET seems like a better place for the DAT files of official
models, as part of the database of all things LEGO-related.  However, I
think we should have a number of models at ldraw.org illustrating various
LDrawing techniques.

Looking at the other thread in lugnet.cad, it seems that there may end up
being two model repositories (if not more...there already are several).

--Todd