 CAD / Development / 1071
1070  |  1072
Subject:
mirrored parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, braml@juno.com (Bram Lambrecht) writes:
WOW!  I guess that means I have to stop "cheating" in my DAT files (ie,
mirroring a wing or other left/right piece instead of using the correct
piece)

Ooh.  That's an interesting one.  One kind of "cheating" that won't confuse
the system is using a color of a part that doesn't really exist -- a request
for that part just simply wouldn't ever be fulfilled, similar to the way a
request for a really old, really rare part probably wouldn't ever be
fulfilled.  (Note that there's really no way to know 100.000% for sure
whether any given part was never ever released in a given color --
especially since TLG produces special colored versions of pieces for the
large LEGOLAND scenes.)

So tell me more about this type of "cheating" -- You are mirroring a wing
element by using some affine transformation on it, without changing its part
number?

--Todd