 CAD / Development / 1082
Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:05:24 GMT

At 12:13 AM 4/10/99 +0000, you wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Looking at the other thread in lugnet.cad, it seems that there may end up
being two model repositories (if not more...there already are several).

For official models, I really don't care where they're stored.  As for MOCs,
especially mine, there's my home page and then there's those I have given
permission to.  I sincerely feel that there should be an extensive review
process for any MOC published in any new site.

I'm not trying to be selfish; I just want to be able to take credit where
credit is due.  Typically after someone asks me for permission to use one of
my models, I grant it.  But never before.

As far as MOC's go, I feel the same as you do.  I am wary about releasing
my models to another site that's author is not directly associated with
Zacktron (there are a couple, but no models of mine displayed off-site
yet).  I have no problem making my MOC models available for instructions
and part want lists on LUGNET provided that I recieve credit for the model,
or the name of the model itself reflects the author.  For example, someone
requests parts for my e-43x, the page would read:

Part request for Tim Courtney's E-43x Light Transport (MOC)

Either way, MOC's need to give credit to the author.

For official TLG, I prefer them stored in one place.  Its a heck of a lot
easier.

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m