 Publishing / 426
Re: Typefaces: Verdana vs. Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:24:36 GMT

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 07:23:36 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

The nice thing about Verdana -- (I'd forgotten all about this) -- is that
even though Microsoft is known for distributing and popularizing it, it
doesn't carry that dorky "MS" suffix like "Trebuchet MS" does.  And even
better yet, it's the same height on-screen as Arial at <FONT SIZE="-2"> but
it's a bit wider and more readable at very small sizes.

But Verdana can be easily misused when it falls into the wrong hands.  Just
look at most of my webpages as an example.  They're generally pretty bad.

<http://home.att.net/~blisses/ldao/ldaddon.html>, if you don't believe me.

Steve