 CAD / Development / 1222
Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:14:12 GMT

Bram Lambrecht (braml@juno.com) wrote:

[...]

Doesn't your system have any font-substitution macros?  I didn't know
mine did until I ran across it, but it does (for example Helvetica ->
Arial, Tms -> Times)

Could be.

How advanced is lynx?  Is it text-only?  How well does it implement the
w3 standards for HTML/CSS?

It implements all of HTML 4.0, including the Link element
which Netscape and MSIE just ignores. I haven't noticed any
use of CSS. HTML documents are presented as plain text and
images, video, sound, etc. is launched in separate
"viewers".

Most important is that it appears to be roughly ten times
faster than Netscape.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --