 CAD / Development / 1276
1275  |  1277
Subject:
[ldraw.org] Browsers and CSS(was: Re: Ldraw.org: Organization and look & feel)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:01:24 GMT

At 12:51 AM 4/13/99 +0000, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
[about fonts]
I haven't got any of these for Netscape and I run lynx with
a plain sans serif fixed width font I don't know the name
of. :-)

Doesn't your system have any font-substitution macros?  I didn't know
mine did until I ran across it, but it does (for example Helvetica ->
Arial, Tms -> Times)

And lynx is just another browser. I am using version
2.8.1pre.9 (10 Oct 1998). You can find information about
lynx at <URL:http://lynx.browser.org/>.

How advanced is lynx?  Is it text-only?  How well does it implement the
w3 standards for HTML/CSS?

I looked into CSS today and think it would be very useful in keeping the
pages clean and allowing a universal across-the-board look and feel.  The
method I would use would be the one .css file that the html references to
and that can be changed for style changes.  Yes, Jacob, how does Lynx
measure up to the current CSS standard?  Anyone else here in the group use
a browser other than the big two that cares to comment on their browser's
interpretation of it?  Once I start coding hte HTML I will also play with
the CSS and see if I can get it to work, since I have only goofed with it
unsuccessfully.  Um, unless someone would make me a quick sheet with my
preferences... (when the time com es)

I gotta get myself up to date here :)

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m