 CAD / Development / 990
Re: Complete list of metacommands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:38:57 GMT

LDS is LDraw Script, a pre-processor for .dat files that has
commands like EXTRUDE and iterative loops.  I'm afraid I
don't have a URL, but it should not be too hard to find.

The syntax of the INCLUDE directive will be defined when I release
it, but I am planning on it being "0 INCLUDE filename" where filename
can be any valid pathname (although spaces in filenames are currently
causing me trouble).  If you INCLUDE an .mpd file, it will have no
effect other than making the parts defined in the MPD available for
use in the rest of the file.  If you INCLUDE a .dat file, it would
behave
as if you had cut and pasted the lines of that file into the current
one.
And if you INCLUDE an executable program, it will run that program and
insert the lines produced as output into the file.  And if you INCLUDE
a .jpg of a scantily clad SCALA doll, well, no telling what it might do.

-gyug

Ben Bennett wrote:

What is LDS (sorry if I am being obtuse)?

Also what is the exact behavior of INCLUDE?

I assume the line will look like:

0 INCLUDE /include/file/path

And if I remember correctly all the parts in the file are loaded into memory
for use but not drawn.  So this only makes a difference if you include an MPD
file since otherwise just the 1 line will include and use the part.

               -ben

In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Gyugyi writes:
You may also want to include the LDS syntax.
LDLite 1.8 will support an "INCLUDE" metacommand, in case you want to
plan ahead.