 CAD / *36825 (-100)
  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi Misha, I actually think that the offical LDraw parts for ribbed hose, are not for the kind of rib hosed we get currently. I would love to see parts that are really made for the modern rib hosed. Kevin (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi All, Happy holidays. I made LSynth's source code open from the beginning, in case someone better at math than I might take a swing at it. It has never really made it past the proof of concept stage. Feel free to make additions.... I just (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) I like it. (...) I thought I fixed this problem a long time ago. Do you experience the same problem with LDDP? (...) I tested with LDView 3.0b. What version are you using? (...) I'm working on this. (...) Hmm, the way I work it is to have the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non-reportable items

(...) Thankyou very much. I have used it before, now that I see it before me, but I couldn't remember it, and couldn't find it in the book. Allister (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) (URL) (...) I agree with Don. I think Kevin has stated publicly in these very threads he is very open to integrating enhancements from others as long as it is easy to do and doesn't break things or make loads more work for him. He might not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) There are plenty of other hose generators. Mlcad, LDDP, ldglite, and LEDIT mode for emacs all have them. And I think some of them do support fixed length hoses. But I think the right thing to do is adapt lsynth to do what you want. The source (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

Hello Orion, (...) Since it is not an editor... what about MPD Wizard? (...) - I had troubles with decimal separator: in France a comma is used instead of a period, so your program expects to find ',' in ldr files and rejects each line as invalid. I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Ribbed hoses synth

There are quite a few problems when I try to cad ribbed hoses, first of all, the elements existing are not appropriate. I addapted them to make sure they are as big as the real ones, but I can't use Lsynth, since it places not the amount of parts I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Non-reportable items

(...) Yes. This is correct. (...) Thanks, Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Looks like my dreams come true... Thanks, I test it ASAP !!! Philo (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Here's a link to an early test alpha of my program: (URL) now you can only mkae MPD and not extract file from them. I'm calling it MPD Editor until I think of something better. If you test it out, let me know if there is anything majorly wrong (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV-Ray animation tutorial

Nice job guys. Was just starting to play with splines when summer hit. I may take a look at doing some animations again. Thanks for the inspiration. Steve (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) Thanks for the reminder about that! I always forget. Still, a quick "ya we're discussing it" followed by a "what do people think" here doesn't hurt. (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) The LSC mailing list archives are public and a link to them can be found here: (URL) we're not completely out in the open (i.e. discussing policy on Lugnet), our discussions are available for any one who wants to follow along. -Orion (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Non-reportable items

(...) I believe you use this meta command: 0 PLIST BEGIN IGN - subsequent parts, up to the next PLIST END meta command are not rendered or placed in the part list image for the step. -Orion (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) Hopefully the latter. I did not intend to have any condescending tone in there at all! I'm talking about appropriate process. If you read it in there I must not have done a very good job of communicating and I apologise. Either that or you're (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Non-reportable items

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to make certain parts, namely arrows, non-reportable, so that they don't appear in Lpub's bill of materials images Cheers, Allister (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) Actually your (and any other non-LSC member's) input is not wothless and actually has a great influence on what decides. We decided when the LSC first formed that we wouldn't do anything without at least discussing the pros and cons with the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) Yeah, I got the blinking error message in preview and still posted it. I couldn't figure out the problem. Sorry, It must be the .bmp thing. I didn't think of that because they were only 8k apiece, but I can see why you'd want to avoid the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote: (switched to plain text for clarity) Don, I don't think your FTX image embed worked. Did it work when you used preview (you DID use preview, I am sure)? If it did, there's a technical problem somewhere... (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

(...) Sorry I'm a bit late to the party (been on vacation) but I think you should submit it. It looks good enough for me. Actually I think it's too good not to submit. Compare your part (as seen in LDRAW): (URL) And this official part (as seen in (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LXF File Format

(...) MODEL is relatively easy to crack but since they use a bit different coordinate system and their part have different rotation/center points, the conversion between LXF <-> LDR would be a pain which would need a compatibility layer library with (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LXF File Format

(...) Has anyone tried to decipher the binary .CHUNK or .MODEL files? In this message from last year (URL), Jake McKee wrote "LXF is an open, (and soon to be) well documented format" but I've never seen any details on this, and can't find any (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) That scene rocks! I'm glad you put more pics on Brickshelf, because one picture doesn't do this scene justice. The details are amazing. The monorail terminal is a very nice touch. From the side you can also see the street light hanging from (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) I don't have *computer* problems, all our computers work fine for all the other things I and the rest of my family want to do. I have a *software* problem with LDD, in that it has unreasonable system requirements, in my view. (...) I would (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) Wow!! Larry with... er... computer problems. Something MUST be messed up. ;) I haven't tried installing the program on my computer, despite having a subscription to the master builders program. BTW, nice job on the display. I agree that (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Yes, yes it is. :) (...) Good to know. Maybe I should start a "free to a good home" list of links on the l.c.d.parts sidebar... (...) Heh. I thought about that, too. Give each piece a vector (speed and direction) based on the centerpoint of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote: at RANDOM I've chosen: (...) Sure is a pretty part though, isn't it :-) The last thing I would want to do is keep such a beautiful, high-quality part from reaching its full potential and graduating to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Making posts like this is a good idea. More communication. :) (...) Definitely don't just update somebody's part without saying something. Emails only take a moment to send. (...) 3-4 months is a long time to wait for a reply to an email. How (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) Wow, another great entry! As soon as I saw it my first thought was "I want to buy one of these." The details are great -- it looks great -- it has an action story -- what else could you ask for? It would make a great set. Regards, Paul (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) Thanks! Although I'm a bit sceptic about winning... To enter the competition is fun, but I really can't understand why some models win. It seems that not everybody thinks the same way about a cool MOC. Ofcourse I don't say that there is only (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) I do agree. It's unfair and personaly I think that the system requirements to let LDD run are far too high; the program doesn't seem to need these high specs. And the program has ofcourse some flaws, but it's the only way to get in the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

Ooh nice. I'll be buying a few of those when (not if) you win. Soren (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad)

  POV-Ray animation tutorial

I made a small POV-Ray animation using Anton Raves' library and Jamie Neufeld's Couriership and posted the source code here: (URL) animation is nothing special, but a lot of the POV-Ray code I used in the PCS dogfight animation are in this tutorial. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I'm interested! James (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) SNIPPY Dude, I'm not into microscale, but this absolutely ROCKS. Like Larry put it, there's so much going on. The copter, the monorail thing at the back, I'd buy it too. I'm sure this is going to be a guaranteed hit. I especially love the use (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) I think the method we currently use is good: Make all reasonable efforts to contact the author. If the author doesn't reply after a reasonable period of time (3-4 months is good) then make the fixes needed. Also, many held parts are known to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea. The Contributor Agreement we are putting in place addresses taking over orphans inasmuch as authors agree that LDraw.org has: " - The right to create derivative works of the Work" That covers it I (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) LOL, oh Larry stop pouting! (...) It doesn't work on my machine either. (...) Agreed, spotlighted as well. Great model, nice play-ability, and well designed. Keep up the good work! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

(...) This is SO unfair! Pout. You are all having so much fun and LDD doesn't run on any PC we have. No fair. (slap) er... ok. I love this model. The elevated "metroliner" actually looks more like a 1 wide Airport Shuttle to me but hey... There is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  MicroMOC: Hot pursuit in the city

My entry for next weeks LEGOfactory contest: (week 6) (URL) "We've lost the suspect out of sight... Where could he be? Is he on the monorail or station?!? Maybe he reached that big building over there, or did he run into this alley?... Do you still (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  Re: Missing Folders? What's up, Koyan?

(...) Ahhh, S P A C E..... That is a great theme and I'd say complete your goal of rendering all of those. Actually, (URL) Jeroen> is doing a great job of rendering and compiling LEGO trains (although that doesn't mean that if you were to render (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Missing Folders? What's up, Koyan?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:I8rqzs.1or8@lugnet.com: (...) I'm a spacer, so right now I'm mainly trying to make a complete set list of .space, but I'm certainly open for requests. In fact, have a look at (URL) (unfortunately not a great (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) If we have not done so already, I would say we make a 'ophaned parts clause' and display it on the parts tracker pages. I would say if there has been no author or last change author changes or notes for some period of time, the part would be (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Missing Folders? What's up, Koyan?

(...) Ahhh, that's a relief:-) I appreciate all of the hard work you are putting into this project of yours, and I'm not even aware of half the work that you are doing on it! I don't know how you are deciding which sets to render next, but if you (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) That should be version 508, I think. Maybe 508b? I've seen all three numbers in different places. But the most high-profile information states version 508. Steve (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I never did any big work with it (or polished renders), but it is basically usable. But it requires manual intervention -- you create the LDraw file, then L3P generates the POV file, then you have to edit the POV file to add references to the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Missing Folders? What's up, Koyan?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:I8q108.1E2M@lugnet.com: (...) I'm upgrading more than the image format, actually. I'm making entirely new renders, with some different lighting, and I'm also going over all the mpd's again, correcting some (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Does it work? Where is this list? I don't know if it would have helped up to now, but maybe it will help in the future. I have very big plans... And I'll just throw in here that I plan on posting a tutorial for the recent animation tonight or (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Missing Folders? What's up, Koyan?

(URL) I was just browsing your Brickshelf folder and noticed that there are a lot fewer folders than there once were. I've noticed that you've upgraded your images from .jpgs to .pngs, but I can't explain this. Care to enlighten? :-) John (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Awhile I ago, I created a translation library, to allow people to use Anton's parts in L3P-generated POV files (or, eventually, to generate L3P-like output, but referencing Anton's parts via the translation library). See (URL). Would such a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) That's just too funny of a vision not to snicker at. Thanks. (although the Pepsi in my nose isn't going to leave a mark, is it?) (...) I would... although it might be worth dropping a note to the last known addy for John Van Z, after that, if (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New game: Orphan part of the week

dear authors, I thought al lot about hold voted parts an orphans over the last couple of weeks. getting a hold vote at the PT to me is almost a slap in the face therefore I try to fix my parts as soon as I can. at the same time I'm also aware that (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Nice Viper

(...) Thanks Darrell, I was hoping to sell more than one model too, but first I need to buy more parts to make a second one and the instructions. Once I have this finsihed I may be able to invest some money and buy the parts for 25 cars directly (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Nice Viper

Misha, As an AFOL, CAD teacher, Mopar nut, and Le Mans fan, all I can say is HOLY CRAP that's a great MOC! Have you thought about advertising (once you're ready to sell) in Viper magazine? When you can afford a $70,000 sportscar you get your own (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Nice Viper

(...) Hi all, This is my first post on lugnet, so don't blame me if anything goes wrong :-) First of all, thank you for the complements on my cadwork, I plan on selling this model in the future, so I don't publish the actual file yet. Therefore, all (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) We're doing everything we can to secure that, behind the scenes, although we don't yet have it, it's only a communication issue, we're pretty sure. I'd rather not go into more detail than that for privacy reasons. (...) That's a key point. We (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) Having an official reference implemention would put us in a better position in several ways. For the parts library, we could resolve a number of nagging issues, like the dithered-colors-have...e-subfiled restriction. For the rendering (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) You have some valid points here but I want to respond to this one specifically. The copyright decision has been made. It was finalized a month and a half ago. What are we waiting for? We're are waiting for consent from the Jessiman's to go (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) I never knew James; I became aware of LDraw a long time after he has passed away. I have no idea what would be best for the file system, the prog, to honour his accomplishments ... actually I don't care about much. I'm not very good in this (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) Excellent point. However there are a lot of (in some ways incompatible) dialects of C. There ARE reference implementations for things like all the Java components (the javac compiler, the java jvm, the jms messaging, jca, the rmi server, etc (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) Why have a replacement at all? The file format stands by itself. There's no reference complier for C code, no reference viewer for the PNG format, and no reference CAD program for the DXF format, why should there be one for the LDraw system? (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) IIRC, the limit was only on the size of the root directory -- but I could well be wrong. I think there are two separate, and related, questions here: Do we want to keep supporting DOS as a platform? Do we want to keep supporting LDraw 0.27? (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)

(...) Willy, You really got a good point here. I don't know if there is anyone that still uses original LDraw. And, I don't think the LDraw parts library is LDraw compatible anyway. At least not running under DOS - I think there was a limit of 2000 (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern – RELOADED

Hi folks, I overhauled the Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern - 3754p90.dat. (URL) Although this is the re-engineering of an existing LEGO part, it will NOT be submitted to the LDraw Parts Tracker for certification. It would never make it (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) ROFL! His face is hilarious :-D -Tim (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) It's so awesome!! Seein the HopLab runnin fer it's life then a SLAM comin' in to save the day... it's more than I can take! Thanks for allowin' these PCS ships in the movie. I can't wait to see more soon. Anton and the rest, EXCELLENT work. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Nice Viper

I was browsing Brickshelf when I saw this (URL) only is it a nice model and nice renders the thing that struck me most was how much work must have gone into placing and rotating the parts into their non-standard positions Tim (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Cool! Thanks! Pause it around second 2, check out the Piranha pilot. :) James (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I think I downplayed the differences between Anton's parts and Ldraw. The Ldraw library is made up of lines, triangles, etc that represent walls. The parts are "hollow". Anton's parts represent cylinders, cubes, spheres, etc. Anton's parts are (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) In an effort to make it more viewable, we tried to make it open in the QuickTime Player and not in the web browser. In the process, it broke it! We had to delete the article and repost it. It is now at: (URL) you are still having problems (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Set 8652 Render

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in news:I8H6Cs.tM5@lugnet.com: (...) I use (URL) can see an example of it in (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Let there be .space

I can't see a thing? All the links I can click on lead back to each other in a neverending chain. Do I have to be logged in/have an account to view this properly? I've got the necessary quicktime plugin, I'm quite sure of it in fact. Cheers ... (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Or villein :-) Well, Dan(1) Siskind comes to mind, but only if you were doing Castle. But ya. 1 - Hmmm... also named Dan. Coincidence? I think not. (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I agree! It is by far the best Lego animation I've seen to date. I'd write more, but I gotta go watch it again. ;P Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) I think this should also be a selectable option. In other words, if a file isn't found then prompt the user if the user doesn't know then put an in log file but also have the option for the user choose to have all unfound file to simply be (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Can we post the POV file to the web so others can look at it and dissect it? It may generate more interest posted to LDraw.org. I can also post it to the G4TechTV forums as I'm sure the audience would be interested in seeing the nuts and bolts (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I don't think there's another bada__ mofo out there I'd rather have supply the villian. Thanks, Dan! -Tim (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) I don't think the mime type is set for it. When I click on it, it comes as binary. I could post some specific html code to have it open in QuickTime. But yes, QuickTime is required, version 6 I think. (...) At 640 x 360, it took about a day to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

Thanks for doing this, Tim. It was an honor to supply the villian for Anton's movie. :) --Dan (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) You are right, both options make sense, an option would be nice, perhaps with a third, per-file question as suggested Larry (the first two possibilities have the advantage of unattended operation!). Remains the question of unfound files, imho (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) It played in QuickTime when I clicked on it (I chose to do that rather than downloading and saving it... maybe I should have saved it because it's tres nifty!) How much render time did this take, and on what platform? True geeks want to know (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Any ideas on what I program I should get for it? -lenny (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Woops! Shame on me! I don't know how I managed to miss this option :-( But it does not provide easy way to include unofficial parts/primitives. Quite useful nonetheless, thanks again, Philo (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Cosmic Blobs

Hi all, And now for something completely different :-) A friend of mine, who is an engineer, works with the 3D graphics program Solid Works as a professional. He sent me an E-mail and noted me to this: (URL) is a 3D graphics program (by the creators (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Let there be .space

(...) Simple comment : Wow! I just wish it lasted longer! Cheers, JP. (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Let there be .space

I've just posted the full-res vesrion of the animation by Anton and James to LDarw.org. Enjoy! (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) 1. Install Lpub 2. Open LPub by double-clicking on the desktop icon 3. Do FILE --> OPEN LDRAW FILE and select your .ldr compelted model (the one that has all the sub-models to it.) 4. Do FILE --> SAVE AS MPD and LPub will look for the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Prolly on a file by file basis (and for extra credit, remember from run to run, and present the pair for selection if one of the file dates is newer than the last time you got the user to decide which they wanted)... because if the unofficial (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Yes good list. (...) What if a file is in both the unoffical directory and the official directory? Which one should win? I think the one unofficial version should win but should it be the other way round? May this should be a selectable (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: N-Fedge primitives

(...) I missed responding to this one specific point. In general, aliases amongst the primitives would be a bad thing. They would primarily add more files to an already too-large list of primitives, and would only provide duplicate function. In this (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  Set 8652 Render

I recently modelled set 8642. I still need to do some file clean up so I'm not quite ready to release the DAT file but look for it on my website ((URL) in the coming weeks. Here's the render I did as a teaser: (URL) that the trans-smoke parts aren't (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw.org's November Model and Scene of the Month Winners

(...) Well yes, kind of. Since I only get a max of about 2-3 entries per month for each contest, I roll over the non-winning entries until they win or for 3 months. This keeps the field competive and also allows well made entries that may have been (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: N-Fedge primitives

(...) The consistency is in the basic four fractions: 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, 4-4. The other measures are (more or less) deliberate inconsistencies to name files that don't fit the basic standard. (...) Yes, that would be an incorrect consideration. Part (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Thanks Ahui, I was not aware of this LPub feature... now if only I could find how to use it ??? Philo (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org's November Model and Scene of the Month Winners

(...) Am I mistaken in thinking that this month's submissions look remarkably like last month's? Allister (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: MPD Builder ?

(...) Might I suggest you try LPub (URL). It can create MPDs for you. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: N-Fedge primitives

(...) It's not really that hard, but my mind recoils at a senseless inconsistency, and this, and the following, are it. Note that I suggested an alias, not move, and certainly not removing the existing names. (...) "0 Circle 1.0". 5-8edge should be (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  Re: Wheels and train wheels with metal axles

(...) Now I am aware of the non existence of x245c01 (with normal axle). I didn't know that before you posted about it a short time ago. It's the 7039 wheel that came with both types of axles (I have both). I will fix the incorrect versions when all (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wheels and train wheels with metal axles

(...) thanks a lot for all your work on these cool and useful parts! I do not have the competence to answer your questions, but I have one hint about: (URL) part does not exist at all (as far as I know). Would you mind to delete that upload? [SNIP] (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact