 CAD / 12298
Re: MPD Builder ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:51:52 GMT

Hello Orion,

Here's a link to an early test alpha of my program:
http://www.pobursky.com/temp/MPDEditor.zip

Right now you can only mkae MPD and not extract file from them.  I'm calling it
MPD Editor until I think of something better.

Since it is not an editor... what about MPD Wizard?

If you test it out, let me know if there is anything majorly wrong or if you
have any suggestions to make things less confusing.  I've tested it in quite a
few scenarios but I'm sure there are more bugs than I found.

- I had troubles with decimal separator: in France a comma is used instead of a
period, so your program expects to find ',' in ldr files and rejects each line
as invalid. I modified my system setup for further testing...

- Embedding s/ and p/48 in 0 FILE statement works well for MLCad and LPub, but
not for LDview. I tend to think this is a LDview problem.

- Rembering all paths settings between runs would be a nice touch.

- I am missing the possibility to choose a "reference part library path". Your
program assumes default LDraw file to contain only the official parts, while for
me this is my working library (containing unofficial parts). Maybe my setup is
buggy?

Overall, it works very well! Congratulations, Orion ;o)

Philo