 CAD / 12302
Re: MPD Builder ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Hello Orion,

Here's a link to an early test alpha of my program:
http://www.pobursky.com/temp/MPDEditor.zip

Right now you can only mkae MPD and not extract file from them.  I'm calling it
MPD Editor until I think of something better.

Since it is not an editor... what about MPD Wizard?

I like it.

If you test it out, let me know if there is anything majorly wrong or if you
have any suggestions to make things less confusing.  I've tested it in quite a
few scenarios but I'm sure there are more bugs than I found.

- I had troubles with decimal separator: in France a comma is used instead of a
period, so your program expects to find ',' in ldr files and rejects each line
as invalid. I modified my system setup for further testing...

I thought I fixed this problem a long time ago.  Do you experience the same
problem with LDDP?

- Embedding s/ and p/48 in 0 FILE statement works well for MLCad and LPub, but
not for LDview. I tend to think this is a LDview problem.

I tested with LDView 3.0b.  What version are you using?

- Rembering all paths settings between runs would be a nice touch.

I'm working on this.

- I am missing the possibility to choose a "reference part library path". Your
program assumes default LDraw file to contain only the official parts, while for
me this is my working library (containing unofficial parts). Maybe my setup is
buggy?

Hmm, the way I work it is to have the LDRAW folder with the reference library
and have a separte folder for the unoffical library.  This is the method
currently recommended by the PT admin.

-Orion