 CAD / 12227
Re: MPD Builder ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:20:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
PH said:

From there, the builder would recursively scan all submodels, append them in a
mpd file along with all parts/subparts/primitives not found in "pure" reference
folder.

What if a file is in both the unoffical directory and the official directory?
Which one should win?  I think the one unofficial version should win but should
it be the other way round?  May this should be a selectable option?

Prolly on a file by file basis (and for extra credit, remember from run to run,
and present the pair for selection if one of the file dates is newer than the
last time you got the user to decide which they wanted)... because if the
unofficial is an improvement on the official you usually (but not always) want
that, but once the official is a newer file you usually (but not always) want
that one instead.