 CAD / 12222
Re: Wheels and train wheels with metal axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:32:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
Many of wheels I've created have hold votes on the part tracker.
In order to fix these files I need some more information about standards.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x242.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x243.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x244.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x245.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x447.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/7039.dat

Hello Niels,

thanks a lot for all your work on these cool and useful parts!

I do not have the competence to answer your questions, but I have one hint
about:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x245c01.dat

That part does not exist at all (as far as I know). Would you mind to delete
that upload?

[SNIP]

Another issue is the color of the axle. These axles came in at least two
different colors (caused by use of different metals, brass and another which
looks like silverish steel).

As far as I know this "silverish" material is Aluminia.

Other threads about these wheels and mainpart/subpart issues:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=5361&t=i&v=a

I missed that in the past: you mentioned x245c01.dat there: do you have that
part and are you sure it is not modifioed by anybody to fit into a for e.g. set
103-set-type motor?

Kind Regards,

Ben

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=5393&t=i&v=a