 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5554
Re: Who Uses Original LDraw? (Was: ... Rocket Launch Pattern)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:19:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, James Mastros wrote:
Why not put out a 0.28, with the more trivial restrictions,
this amongst them, removed? If that's impossible for legal
reasons, will somebody step up to the bat, and write a replacement?

Why have a replacement at all?  The file format stands by itself.  There's no
reference complier for C code, no reference viewer for the PNG format, and no
reference CAD program for the DXF format, why should there be one for the LDraw
system?

-Orion