 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5563
Re: New game: Orphan part of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:

If we have not done so already, I would say we make a 'ophaned parts clause' and
display it on the parts tracker pages.

Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea.

The Contributor Agreement we are putting in place addresses taking over orphans
inasmuch as authors agree that LDraw.org has:
" - The right to create derivative works of the Work"

That covers it I think. The mechanics of how to do adoption are not clear
though, perhaps a periodic post of orphans or something?

I would say if there has been no author or last change author changes or notes
for some period of time, the part would be considered orphaned.

I already knew what you meant but I had trouble parsing that!

There are a few(maybe several) parts that I have posted what need some
attention. I simply do not have time to devote to them right now. If someone
wants to pick them up and run, go for it, please leave a note saying you are
doing so.
Emails are nice. I usually reply in a few days.

I agree, if someone wants to take over a part, an email is a good approach,
perhaps better than just up and doing it and submitting a new version. Less
surprises that way.